News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 686     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 311     0 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

RBC Path Connection

I just spoke to the building management at Simcoe Place to ask when this building will be reconnected to the PATH network through the RBC Centre. This will not scheduled to occur until June 1st.

A 3 story hotel inside an office building :)

Think about that for a second ... there's a much more likely explanation - fairmont is just another company after all ;)

Maybe just an "s" missing from the word "hotel" on the stacking plan?
The proper name of the company is "Fairmont Raffles Hotels International".

from ofermod at www.flickr.com

3167403052_49b3c4a586_b.jpg

Wow I didn't even realize that.... a chapter of Toronto lost forever :(
Seems a tad dramatic, the Royal York is still there. It's a kilometre from the water in one of the densest skyscraper districts in the world. There's no real reason for it to be visible from that spot.

Hotel

A 3 story hotel inside an office building :)

Think about that for a second ... there's a much more likely explanation - fairmont is just another company after all ;)

I may be misremembering, but I used to work in one of the upper floors of Scotia Plaza in the mid-1990s, and I believe that for a while there was a hotel within the high rise component of the office tower, between the middle and the top. I think it was one or two floors, sort of an executive high end hotel. I have vague recollections that it was brought in as a tenant when the leasing market for office space was a bitsketchy, and it was a case of "anything to fill the space." Does anyone else recall this?

I'm not such a big fan of the new RBC logo. I liked the old Royal Bank logo better.

Yeah, I dislike the watered down/dumbed down version. Seems as though people are offended by crowns these days... at least the folks at the ROM and RBC seem to think so.

rbc.jpg

Back