News   Mar 18, 2024
 620     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 736     0 

Rail Deck Park (?, ?, ?)

The art of poaching someone else's property is on display.

The elevation change is still material, but to make it a bit more gradual, they need the City to narrow Front Street and cede the land to the park to make that happen.

If the City says 'no' you're back to the old elevation change.
not really - a few extra metres from Front is going to help, but not make *that* massive of a difference.

removing the parking decks drops the elevation significantly and is the primary driver of the better grade relationships.

Has there been any mention of where the parking is going now? Or is this going to be a 0-parking project? A project of this scale is probably going to struggle with true 0-parking.. even if the supply is very small.

not really - a few extra metres from Front is going to help, but not make *that* massive of a difference.

removing the parking decks drops the elevation significantly and is the primary driver of the better grade relationships.

While it is true that removing the parking decks was also a pre-requisite to this proposal.............

The development group itself had indicated that the proposal as conceived is not possible without the City's land, specifically the land resulting from the narrowing of Front Street.

Their words, not mine.

If in putting forth a proposal you make use of land you do not own, and have no legal claim upon, and use that as the foundation of your proposal, then my statement stands.

While it is true that removing the parking decks was also a pre-requisite to this proposal.............

The development group itself had indicated that the proposal as conceived is not possible without the City's land, specifically the land resulting from the narrowing of Front Street.

Their words, not mine.

If in putting forth a proposal you make use of land you do not own, and have no legal claim upon, and use that as the foundation of your proposal, then my statement stands.
Looks like this project is going nowhere fast. Maybe we'll get our raildeck park after all.

again the biggest point people skipped right over. the project peeps litterally want a billion dollars from the city to build the land decking over the rails.

I think back to that document in the OMB where the developers said they would lease the land to the city for like 25 mil a year or something.

I cant help but think this is their way of pushing the city to accept that.

Back