News   Apr 18, 2024
 506     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 3.9K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.2K     4 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Apparently there have been some complaints by operators that the required agreements from municipalities are confusing in some way; and that copies of the agreements may not be easily accessible.

It would be interesting to see whether there is a statistical difference in the percentage of completed applications from different municipalities.

It would be interesting to see whether there is a statistical difference in the percentage of completed applications from different municipalities.

There are comparisons in the article:

1660781695927.png

To streamline that and express it as percentages:

Toronto 56.3% opt-in
York Region: 43%
Dufferin: 7.6%
Manitoulin: 100%
Kawartha Lakes 100%
Thunder Bay 85.7%

This just appeared on the Province's Regulatory Registry of proposed new Regs.

Cross-Boundary Service Integration: Amendments to the City of Toronto Act, 2006
The Ministry of Transportation is proposing to amend the City of Toronto Act, 2006, which would enable more seamless transit services across the Toronto municipal boundaries by enabling agreements between the TTC and other municipal transit systems. This is an important step towards a fully integrated and optimized regional transit system, and the goal of transit cost and time savings for riders. Fragmented transit fare structures and transfers at municipal borders can make transit trips less convenient and more expensive. The Province is working with municipalities and transit agencies to improve rider experience and build back ridership as Ontario recovers from COVID-19.
Posting Date: August 10, 2022
Open for Comments: August 10, 2022 – September 12, 2022

This just appeared on the Province's Regulatory Registry of proposed new Regs.

Cross-Boundary Service Integration: Amendments to the City of Toronto Act, 2006
The Ministry of Transportation is proposing to amend the City of Toronto Act, 2006, which would enable more seamless transit services across the Toronto municipal boundaries by enabling agreements between the TTC and other municipal transit systems. This is an important step towards a fully integrated and optimized regional transit system, and the goal of transit cost and time savings for riders. Fragmented transit fare structures and transfers at municipal borders can make transit trips less convenient and more expensive. The Province is working with municipalities and transit agencies to improve rider experience and build back ridership as Ontario recovers from COVID-19.
Posting Date: August 10, 2022
Open for Comments: August 10, 2022 – September 12, 2022

Good find, lets share the details!

1660848468592.png

1660848518517.png

Ontario's Minister of Long Term Care, Mr. Calandra, who was always known when in Ottawa as having only a vague commitment to being truthful........appears to have fully settled in at Queen's Park.

After spending several days denying that a proposed bill would result in any patient being discharged or moved w/o their consent, or any patient being billed for staying hospital if they declined an LTC placement......

1661442612030.png

Here's the thing...........the truth is, this goes on now, legal or otherwise............its not ideal; though, bed shortages being real, I have sympathy for every side of the argument........

What I don't have sympathy for is misrepresenting what is in your Bill as the Minister.

How can we have a frank discussion if the players aren't honest?

Last edited:
Ontario's Minister of Long Term Care, Mr. Calandra, who was always known when in Ottawa as having only a vague commitment to being truthful........appears to have fully settled in at Queen's Park.

After spending several days denying that a proposed bill would result in any patient being discharged or moved w/o their consent, or any patient being billed for staying hospital if they declined an LTC placement......

View attachment 422593

Here's the thing...........the truth is, this goes on now, legal or otherwise............its not ideal; though, bed shortages being real, I have sympathy for every side of the argument........

What I don't have sympathy for is misrepresenting what is in your Bill as the Minister.

How can we have a frank discussion if the players are honest?
Frank discussions with the CONS is only possible if you contribute to their coffers. This law is beyond human dignity, shipping people like cattle against their will to unknown locations against their will. Have we heard of this before?

Frank discussions with the CONS is only possible if you contribute to their coffers. This law is beyond human dignity, shipping people like cattle against their will to unknown locations against their will. Have we heard of this before?

My mother faced the possibility of discharge against her will; but she had a son who knew the words lawyer and media, and that was remedied.

That was 9 years ago.

Its not Ok, but the system is under immense pressure, and I get how we got here, when the wait for an LTC of your choice is 2 years, and the hospital cannot justify keeping you in an acute care bed for that long......delaying the treatment of patients who are in equal or greater need.

Its a problem that should have been addressed with much more construction of LTC and much more robust homecare; along with more hospital beds a very long time ago.

I won't let the current government off the hook for a minute; but truthfully these problems ought to have been addressed by the Liberals 15 years ago, they were allowed to fester and get worse; the current government is not helping matters.

My mother faced the possibility of discharge against her will; but she had a son who knew the words lawyer and media, and that was remedied.

That was 9 years ago.

Its not Ok, but the system is under immense pressure, and I get how we got here, when the wait for an LTC of your choice is 2 years, and the hospital cannot justify keeping you in an acute care bed for that long......delaying the treatment of patients who are in equal or greater need.

Its a problem that should have been addressed with much more construction of LTC and much more robust homecare; along with more hospital beds a very long time ago.

I won't let the current government off the hook for a minute; but truthfully these problems ought to have been addressed by the Liberals 15 years ago, they were allowed to fester and get worse; the current government is not helping matters.
Indeed a long standing problem, however With all of the bravado and promises the Ford circus has made, they have done nothing despite the growing need during the last 4 yrs. They have actively ignored the dire situation at the for profit LTC homes because of cronyism. Treatment of the elderly has been dismal and in many case’s brought to attention by family members watching over their loved ones. Shipping patients as far as 100 km from their loved ones can’t be to the benefit of the patient and certainly away from watching eyes.

Last edited:

Why are Canadian youth so weak spined. What the hell is this triggering?

Because you know... some people may be adamantly against the Queen because of something Britain had a distant part in over 100 years ago.

Woke culture. That's why people may be triggered.

Back