News   Jul 04, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 807     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 631     1 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

3 days? That's it? This is the best paid sick days program in NA I've been hearing about?

I posted this over in the Covid thread:

Earlier alluded to presser on Sick Days:

Details:

3 paid sick days (during Covid) **** have confirmed that the program has an end date of September.

Federal program to be doubled by Ontario to $1,000 per week.

Employers to reimbursed to a limit of $200 per day, for 3 days per staffer.

*news release pending

The minister is bragging how the 3 days is more than the 2 required in Quebec or 1 in PEI.

He omitted that the Federal requirement is 3 days.

Didn't mention the myriad of U.S. states that have much more generous provisions.

Note: The news release isn't out yet (40m after the presser started).............also the website where they said to go for more info...........isn't up!

www.ontario.ca/covidsickdays

Last edited:
If Patrick Brown (currently Mayor of Brampton) was the leader of the provincial Progressive Conservatives, we would have had a better Premier. And a higher minimum wage, and (shockingly) paid sick days.

"We didn't start the fire." What a nice epitaph to carve into all those tombstones...

This line is not opening in 2022. There's just no way this station will be complete by then.

Okay, it started with former Conservative Premier Mike Harris. Who is now Chair of the privately-owned Long-Term Care company, Chartwell Retirement Residences. Doug Ford wants to give Mike Harris, an Order of Ontario medal.

Did Doug receive money for the movie? I can't get past the paywall so I don't know what it says

Behind the paywall:

The key bit from the article:

The subject of that mediation was a statement of claim the premier filed in April 2020, as the executor of former mayor Rob Ford’s estate, against various makers of the 2019 film “Run This Town”: a Toronto city hall themed drama written and directed by Ricky Tollman, in which “Homeland” star Damian Lewis plays the role of Mayor Ford in heavy prosthetic makeup.

According to the claim, which was settled in February’s mediation, the estate of Robert Ford sought “damages in the sum of $10 million for misappropriation of personality and breach of privacy for publicly placing the plaintiff in a false light.”

Those methods never work for me. I use Outline instead.
Yeah, there are definitely plugin-based methods too. For reasons of 100% pure legality, I was just pointing out the methods that are little more than accessing the data a website is serving you directly. There's also Google cache, for accessing the data those websites give Google. ;)

But reader mode (at least in Safari) does work with the Star, as long as it's set within the website settings. After it's loaded, I don't believe so.

I
Note: The news release isn't out yet (40m after the presser started).............also the website where they said to go for more info...........isn't up!

www.ontario.ca/covidsickdays
You can't expect us to put out press releases or create websites when we are busy fighting fires! The site will be fully operational as a Beta Test site on September 26.

Behind the paywall:

The key bit from the article:

The subject of that mediation was a statement of claim the premier filed in April 2020, as the executor of former mayor Rob Ford’s estate, against various makers of the 2019 film “Run This Town”: a Toronto city hall themed drama written and directed by Ricky Tollman, in which “Homeland” star Damian Lewis plays the role of Mayor Ford in heavy prosthetic makeup.

According to the claim, which was settled in February’s mediation, the estate of Robert Ford sought “damages in the sum of $10 million for misappropriation of personality and breach of privacy for publicly placing the plaintiff in a false light.”
So he was hoping for $10 million. I wonder what he actually got.

Just awfully curious, Ford has never shied away from a photo-op or an announcement, yet he’s not there to announce his “best ever” paid sick days program. Could it be he’S hiding afraid of the heat in the kitchen or could it be he came too close to the infected staffer or MPP?

Last edited:

Back