News   Apr 25, 2024
 153     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Though I do agree that we could/should have had border restrictions in place sooner, I think all the experts I have heard say that closing the border can never be 100% (and returning Canadians cannot be refused entry) and the main way to stop covid (or reduce the number of infections) is to test, test, test and make it easy for people to have tests, to get vaccinated and, if sick, to take time off work with pay. All of which are PROVINCIAL responsiilities.
Yeah, I am with you, we should definitely have closed borders sooner but there are going to be Canadians overseas for legit reasons like work. You can't force them to stay away.

He's lost the province and judging by the amount of things that are being leaked from inside his office, that's not all. Anything he says now is going to be greeted with eyerolls.

Can't wait for his next press conference. Still waiting to hear about the best sick day plan he's coming up with.

Yeah, I am with you, we should definitely have closed borders sooner but there are going to be Canadians overseas for legit reasons like work. You can't force them to stay away.

He's lost the province and judging by the amount of things that are being leaked from inside his office, that's not all. Anything he says now is going to be greeted with eyerolls.

Can't wait for his next press conference. Still waiting to hear about the best sick day plan he's coming up with.

There's a difference between closing and restricting. There is reportedly approximately 6100 people in the Windsor-Essex region that work across the river; roughly one-third of those in healthcare. As for actual 'overseas', they might have a legitimate reason to be out-of-country but with flights restricted, they're kinda stuck (which, admittedly might create visa problems for some). Their constitutional 'right of return' only applies when they present themselves at a port of entry.

I was informed by a friend who works at TVO that nearly three years into term, Doug is the first Premier to never have a one-on-one with Steve Paikin
I think that early on, I was speculating how in DoFo's ideal world, TVO would be abolished on behalf of a For The People/Open For Business Ontario gov't propaganda feed. Perhaps just one more case of his sulking at how reality's blocked playing-house fantasy on his part...

I think that early on, I was speculating how in DoFo's ideal world, TVO would be abolished on behalf of a For The People/Open For Business Ontario gov't propaganda feed. Perhaps just one more case of his sulking at how reality's blocked playing-house fantasy on his part...
There will be other sources, unfortunately for Doug...

Yeah, unfortunately for Doug, he *doesn't* have Rebel--they're too, er, "rebellious" (i.e. likelier to opt for the Hillier/Bernier camp, when all is said and done).

In fact, that's his fundamental problem; he's too brick-headed for even a Trump level of alt-right-media savvy--maybe Sun News would have been that outlet; but they failed; and even Rob & Doug failed when they tried to have a show of their own on there. He doesn't even generate anything on a One America/Newsmax level of brazen disinformation--he's too constrained by his Decoverse; and unlike the sprawling Trump organization, Deco remains (at least on the surface) just a labels'n'tags operation, there's nothing like "Deco Steaks" or "Deco U" or like whatever the Irving family has in New Brunswick. He's a huckster on a short tether--where Trump was expansive, Doug is constipated. And when he resorts to the same old buddies and cronies and event venues like the Toronto Congress Centre, it's a direct reflection of that limited personal universe. He's a petty microscale guy grappling with a macroscale duty--even Hillier & Bernier are better, in their way, at "macroscale" than he is...

Last edited:
Why the hell did it take them this long? Typical Doug, a day late and a dollar short!

Speaking of which, Doug's gov't didn't miss a chance to vote down another Paid Sick days bill today.

If they have anything better to offer, they could have just amended the bill and passed it..............but nope.

Speaking of which, Doug's gov't didn't miss a chance to vote down another Paid Sick days bill today.

If they have anything better to offer, they could have just amended the bill and passed it..............but nope.
My theory is that they are so 'ideologically pure" and pig-headed that they really resent having to ask Big Brother Feds for help that they always put it off if they know their request will be filled (i.e. medical help to deal with the latest surge, which Justin said he was happy to offer last week) and are VERY keen to whine about the Feds inaction in cases where they know they will not get much help (i.e. sick pay). (Worth pointing out that both are Provincial responsibilities!)

Typical Doug Ford...

From link.

Bill 276 2021...

Schedule 27​
Statutory Powers Procedure Act
The Schedule adds a new section 29 to the Statutory Powers Procedure Act that imposes prohibitions on various activities relating to the recording of proceedings to which the Act applies, including taking or attempting to take photographs, audio or video recordings or other records at hearings and in other specified circumstances, as well as disseminating the photographs, recordings and records. The prohibitions are subject to a number of stated exceptions. Every person who contravenes a prohibition in section 29 is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not more than $25,000. Consequential amendments are made to the Police Services Act and the Veterinarians Act.​
In addition, the Schedule amends the Statutory Powers Procedure Act by,​
(a) amending clause 3 (2) (d) to reflect changes in other legislation; and​
(b) amending subsection 14 (1) to make a change in the French version.​

😆 https://thebeaverton.com/2021/04/do...etending-to-care-about-people-dying-of-covid/

1619469256799.png

Back