News   Jul 15, 2024
 726     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 883     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 626     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Good old Randy Ford--I can't remember the last time a sitting Ontario Premier had a brother who bit the nose right off the face of a business associate...

Ford Nation: April 17, 2014
by Vic Gedris, on Flickr

This was literally a "hold my beer" photo. I was about to take the photo, but then he stopped to pass his beer to someone else. It's amusing that his "thumbs up" pose looks like there's still an invisible beer in his hand.

A thought occurs: If there's anything to all the speculation we've heard about Brown's downfall being an 'inside hit' from within the PC Party - a big "if," admittedly - then does anyone think the same people won't go after Dofo with the exact same tactics? We're all still assuming there's all sorts of scandal and dirty details we still haven't heard about in the Ford Family Closet 'O Skeletons, right? If Brown's enemies within the PCs played this kind of hardball against him, I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with Thug. He's not exactly popular with that crowd.

I just can't get over Ford using rhetoric like 'elitist' while his daughter stands behind him in her Louis Vuitton scarf.

Of course Ford supporter's won't notice or care about such details. Its all about sticking it to the Liberals.

To be fair to the general message, the political system is set up such that only the wealthy can have a legit chance to get a message across. So I don't necessarily have a real problem with someone rich calling out the systemic "elitist" corruption.

Saying that I personally don't believe Ford intends to fix the problems, but will exploit the opportunity to capitalize politically. And if he is elected, or if any other Con or NDP is and proceeds to knock off the Liberals, id say the Liberals really have stuck it to themselves

Last edited:
Take a look at two "rich" politicians in the States.

Franklin D. Roosevelt and Donald J. Trump. Both multi-millionaires (or billionaires depending upon inflation). Yet the first one helped the low-income while the current one is helping the high-income.

That's how I see Doug Ford, really helping the high-income.

A thought occurs: If there's anything to all the speculation we've heard about Brown's downfall being an 'inside hit' from within the PC Party - a big "if," admittedly - then does anyone think the same people won't go after Dofo with the exact same tactics? We're all still assuming there's all sorts of scandal and dirty details we still haven't heard about in the Ford Family Closet 'O Skeletons, right? If Brown's enemies within the PCs played this kind of hardball against him, I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with Thug. He's not exactly popular with that crowd.

You assume it wasn't Dofo's camp that weren't Browns enemies to begin with? He was a bit quiet compared to others after the news broke and he is now the biggest headline to represent the Cons? Not saying it wasn't just lucky opportunism based off an unfortunate random situation, but if you want to explore motive outside of the Liberal party you have to ask the question of who else would play these types of games? With it happening so early in the election you have to rule out the Liberals to some extent.

Also If a similar or any accusation for that matter was tabled against Dofo do you really believe he would consider or would ever have considered stepping down like Brown did. His base also likely wouldn't waiver unless proven guilty in the courts or video evidence. Even then.... If there is enough underlying apathy that wants to send a hard message to the Liberals then there is really no accusation that will slow down a Populist from sending the message for these people they claim to represent. You cant fight a hard nosed populist who is sending a popular message in the same way you can with the average Politician. As accusations mount whether they be true or false, it then becomes a "witch hunt" and is seen as an attempt to prevent the message. Who knows if enough support exists internally for the Cons to delve into this type of politics, but beginning to look like a possibility.

Last edited:
There's enough scandal and dirty details already available without even digging.

Kathy has her own place, it's Hat Guy Randy that lives with Mama Ford. Has anyone seen Kathy lately?
I thought she was cast out after the second crack video at her place -- like they suspected she was in on it. Then she spilled all the beans to police.

Aw, boo. I can't play the drugs dealer card on this clown as I am firmly against drug prohibition and other reasons that would make me a hypocrite. I'm going to stick with the dumb things he says and his mum's basement and how he's a bougie bastard fronting like he's working class or understands me.
Ya, even I had a little stint selling weed in high school (though not a small enterprise like Doug ran).

There's enough scandal and dirty details already available without even digging.

Exactly. But aside from the media and those that hate him on the Left does anyone really care about personal life flaws or past? Not likely and to put this into perspective even Rob had a really great chance at coming back as Mayor after the most epic personal life debacles we have seen in politics. It is really free exposure and for many voters its politics over personal issues and the more the personal side is attacked, the less effective it becomes.

Maybe a bit to much credit here, but starting to wonder if the "Moms Basement" announcement was also a troll job to garner an expected over reaction from the Left. In addition to the extra exposure, these type of things where one side piles on to poke fun will start to look petty and to those voters on the fence. IMO Its those that hate these types the most that push them over the top to victory .

Last edited:
Is it a double standard, as has been suggested before, that those faced with sexual allegations are gone in a heartbeat (granted, this wasn’t always the case) while those faced with other types of allegations are not? That is really what I am asking. Why does one scandal get you turfed but another does not?

The current political climate is going to ensure allegations concerning sexual harassment or assault are going to be treated more harshly than other kinds, whether that's fair or not. Though I gotta say, even if such an accusation* came out against Dofo, even if it was credible, I doubt he'd feel the need to withdraw from a political campaign. OneCity certainly isn't wrong about that. Thug's just that shameless.

*Or any other kind of serious allegation, for that matter.

Is it a double standard, as has been suggested before, that those faced with sexual allegations are gone in a heartbeat (granted, this wasn’t always the case) while those faced with other types of allegations are not? That is really what I am asking. Why does one scandal get you turfed but another does not?

It will always be case by case. No candidate should ever have to step down amidst verbal allegations without any hard evidence available. I know that sucks for any victims when true allegations are presented but that would become insanity. Allegations are always going to be made so for candidates to survive need to have at least 2 of the 3 below if not all 3:

1. Have strong support from Internal party members. (this is #1 Brown didn't have)
2. Have strong support from the voter base for the Politics over the allegations
3. Be stubborn and arrogant to withstand the firestorm (Brown not so much)

Brown either had too much smoke forming in the midst of a major movement or he was being forced out by dirty politics. The optics that he wouldn't stand alone and defend himself leads me to think there may have been smoke in the room. I would expect Ford to be much more stubborn and arrogant for any accusation even if the house was on fire behind him. So unless there is hard evidence of a criminal act these types can survive on 2. and 3 and without the full support of 1.

Last edited:

Back