News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.8K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 602     1 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

The weird thing is that it appears the Ontario PCs never picked a candidate for the Etobicoke North riding.

Its like they were always leaving that open for Doug.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TORONTO - MONDAY, JANUARY 29TH, 2018

DOUG FORD ENTERS RACE FOR LEADER OF THE ONTARIO PROGRESSIVE CONSERVATIVE PARTY

The McGuinty-Wynne Liberals have destroyed Ontario’s economy. The Liberals are plagued by scandal and mismanagement. Life in this province is unaffordable. It is becoming impossible for families to keep the lights on. The hard working taxpayers of this province deserve better.

I love Ontario and I love the PC Party. It’s the Party my family has been devoted to for decades. The PC Party is the only one that can defeat the Wynne Government and put Ontario back on the right path.

I have been fighting for the people of this province on the frontlines. Supporting the party in byelections, working with nominated candidates and knocking on doors across Ontario.

I’ve been deeply troubled by what I have seen recently unfolding within the PC Party. Lifelong supporters of our Party have been watching in horror as it falls into complete disarray. We have seen backroom politics at its worst. Insiders trying to politically capitalize at the expense of the people. Elites who are disconnected from the grassroots of the party and don’t care about the struggles of average Ontarians. This hostile environment cannot continue. Right now the party needs strong leadership. Someone who is ready to clean up this mess and lead us into the June election.

This is why I am announcing that I'm running for the leadership of our Ontario PC Party and to be the next Premier of this great province! I love Toronto and love serving the residents of this great city. As Premier, I will serve them and every Ontario resident.

I had every intention of running for Mayor of this great city but I can’t watch the party I love fall into the hands of elites. The elites who have shut the door on our grassroots; the foundation of our Party. Our Party can not go without a tested leader at this crucial time. If we lose this election I don’t know how average people in Ontario will recover.

Folks, make no mistake. The elites of this Party, the ones who have shut out the grassroots, do not want me in this race. But I am here to give you a voice. The hard working taxpayers of this province. People who have been ignored for far too long. People across Ontario are suffocating under the weight of high taxes and big government. I respect my colleagues running against me in this leadership race and I intend on running a positive campaign.

Friends, I could have never predicted that I would be standing here right now making this announcement today. This is a truly critical moment for our Party, our people and the future of our province.

We can not have a strong Ontario without a strong Progressive Conservative Party and together we will make sure that we have both.

I will not be taking questions today but in the coming days I will have much more to say about our campaign.

Thank you.

Doug Ford

I wonder who will give up their seat for Dougie if he wins the leadership, and who will be running DECO?

Another question just came to me, Ont. Cons are backward thinking then how is Dougie going to "save" the party in time for the election, and keep the money and power exemplified by Mike Harris?

I guess someone got to avenge for his father. Hey, if it doesn't work, I can see the prime candidate for the head of the upcoming Ontario Cannabis Retail Corporation.

AoD

I wonder who will give up their seat for Dougie if he wins the leadership, and who will be running DECO?

This close to the Election I doubt anyone would even need to give up their seat.

As I mentioned a bit earlier, the PC's currently don't even have a candidate in the Etobicoke North riding.

I actually don't think Ford will win the PC leadership.

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 12.44.10 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 12.44.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 12.44.10 PM.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 411
This is going to be fun! I hope he wins lol. Someone said he's teaming up with Nick Kouvalis again, which is hard to believe since they supposedly hate each other.

Watching him lose twice this year will be fantastic.

You gotta love the optics here. Pure naked, grasping ambition: "I'm gonna be boss 'a the PCs and then Premiere, and if I don't get any a' that, I'll just be Mayor instead!" Not even the slightest pretense at public service. He doesn't give a toss which position he nabs, as long as he's the Boss and gets to gets to order people around & play-act at being a big shot. (No flunky positions for our Doug where he has to follow orders like he's some kind of nobody, of course!) Who does this asshole think he is?

This kind of unthinking entitlement backfired against Olivia Chow, IMO, when she lost the mayoral election, returned to the working world, and then dropped her position at Ryerson in a heartbeat what seemed like mere weeks later when the first chance at running for office reared its head again. That sort of thing just doesn't look good, you know? I actually had some slight amount of sympathy for Chow, and I still would have voted against her in that last election for that reason alone.

FFS do we need to change the forum name again? Who knew that he'd just keep trying until he got lucky? I wonder where the money will come from, he doesn't ooze charm like Rob.:eek:

FFS do we need to change the forum name again? Who knew that he'd just keep trying until he got lucky? I wonder where the money will come from, he doesn't ooze charm like Rob.:eek:

Because they need to pick a leader so fast they probably won't have to raise too much money. Ford probably thinks he can win on name recognition alone.

Besides Brown was able to game the system because he was good at getting money and memberships.

I don't think Kouvalis is really up to working with Doug. Looks like he'll be busy with other stuff.

"Political strategist Nick Kouvalis facing break and enter charges"

LOL! Oh, my God! It's like some "20 Years Later!" sequence at the end of a comedy film, where we find out what happened to the whole zany cast of characters after the events of the movie! It's "National Lampoon's Ford Family Frolics!" Makes me wonder whatever happened to Slurpy or the crazy lady Slob met in rehab...

Back