News   Jul 04, 2024
 673     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 630     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 586     1 

Poll: Renaming Yonge-University-Spadina

What should the Yonge-University-Spadina line be called?

• Yonge-University-Spadina

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Yonge-University

Votes: 44 51.2%
  • Yellow Line

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Line 1

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Other (explain in post)

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters
Sad but true. It's too bad we need the entire world to be watching for the Governments to put forward money for such a beneficial project.

At this point, I think that The olympic summer games is the only thing that can make the DRL (I vote Red line) a reality within the next decade...

We could call it the 601 line and the Bloor line the 602.

The Y-U-S is already the 1 line and the B-D is the 2 line. The Scarborough RT line is the 3 line and the Sheppard the 4 line.

That is the main reason for renumbering some bus routes that used to have those numbers. The 2 Anglesey was renumbered and renamed the 48 Rathburn, and the 4 Annette was renumbered and renamed the 26 Dupont.

I did not catch any reference to line names in the latest Customer Service report, but I did spot this:

2B
Improved Direction Signs (Wayfinding)

(a) Best practices information is being requested from APTA, UITP and NOVA. Anticipate complete review 05/2011.
(b) Two stations will be audited and cost estimates will be prepared to update signage to current standards by 06/2011. Numbering of stations will be considered.
(c) Signage issues raised by customers, and front line workers will be reviewed, and cataloged by mid 2011. Where appropriate they will be scheduled for implementation in 2011 if quick fixes or budgeted for 2012 if extensive.

index_img_01.gif

http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/subwaymap/index.html

Last edited:

Back