News   Aug 05, 2022
 1.1K     0 
News   Aug 05, 2022
 3.5K     7 
News   Aug 05, 2022
 503     0 

Poll: Renaming Yonge-University-Spadina

What should the Yonge-University-Spadina line be called?

• Yonge-University-Spadina

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Yonge-University

Votes: 44 51.2%
  • Yellow Line

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Line 1

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Other (explain in post)

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters

andomano

Member Bio
Reaction score
Voted other, as I usually refer to the line as a whole as YUS, or individually as either the Yonge line or University line.

On a more confusing note, if going by the complete street designation, It'd end up being the ASBUFY or YFUBSA which ever way you prefer. (Allen, Spadina, University, Bloor, Front, Yonge).

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
In five years it will be Interchange, Jane, Ian MacDonald, Keele, St. Regis, Sheppard, Allen, Spadina, Bloor, Queen's Park, University, Front, Yonge

I like Yonge-University - it will serve all 4 main university campi in Toronto - U of T, Ryerson, York, OCA(D).

GraphicMatt

Looking forward to a FRESH START for Toronto
Member Bio
Reaction score
I recall reading that they are changing it officially to Yonge-University when the extension opens, but maybe I was dreaming. The "University" part will take on extra meaning when the line also goes to York.

gweed123

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
I recall reading that they are changing it officially to Yonge-University when the extension opens, but maybe I was dreaming. The "University" part will take on extra meaning when the line also goes to York.

Indeed. The line will give direct access to all 3 university main campuses in Toronto.

reaperexpress

Member Bio
Reaction score

I also thought that they would be changing the name, but now I can't find anything about it anywhere.

Amy Rose

Member Bio
Reaction score
Might as well call it Yonge-University-Vaughan if theres another Spadina extension within 50 years.

leopetr

Member Bio
Reaction score
I usually call the western half the Spadina line, as I tend to transfer to it at St. George.

However, the Yonge-Spadina line sounds odd without University in the middle.