News   Aug 30, 2024
 76     0 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 199     2 
News   Aug 29, 2024
 906     1 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Diploma mill International students are waiting hours for low paying entry level jobs. Local university and high school kids don't have a chance.

"Two Conestoga students arrive seven hours early for 10 a.m. start"

“It is difficult to find a job right now, so I just want an opportunity,” said Thirupal, 25, who has been in Canada for 14 months and estimates he’s applied for 50 jobs in the past two months alone"

Diploma mill International students are waiting hours for low paying entry level jobs. Local university and high school kids don't have a chance.
What a mess. If you’re not a work visa holder, permanent resident or Canadian citizen you should not be able to apply for any job whatsoever. If you’re on a student visa, you’re a student, that’s it, and are supposed to bring sufficient money for your accommodation before you come.

I always tell my two young adult kids that they are my life’s project, and in that line I’ll be weaponizing every contact and favour I’ve made in my nearly thirty year career, plus whatever “privileges” of race, language, class and gender that I can exercise to give my kids an edge over this horde. My kids will not be left behind as Trudeau floods the labour and housing market with desperate, wage-depressing foreign workers and international students.

What was so wrong in Canada in 1990-2000 when my Gen-X brethren were starting good careers and buying affordable homes that Con and Lib governments felt the need to take the next quarter century undoing the affordability and opportunities enjoyed by postwar Canadians? What was broken that so needed fixing by scouring the subcontinent of its most desperate and naive?

Last edited:

Back