News   May 03, 2024
 195     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 547     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 1.2K     1 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

So remember her assault issues in the US years ago? We're surprised now are we?

The PM's judgment is seriously bunk...always has been.

Personally, I think her management style is probably close to mine and she was just surrounded by weak people who require constant validation, but I wasn't there so can't know for sure.
They probably picked her for symbolic reasons and didn't do a thorough vetting.

Is it back to an anglo this time? It seems we like to rotate back and forth.

What the hell? I never heard anything about her being such a tyrant. Wow. Good riddance to the bitch then.
Her excuse that people were complaining about her because they don't like women in positions of authority is kind of reminiscent of the defense against all the recent complaints about woke Star Wars, Ghostbusters reboot, etc. as just misogyny. Nevermind that Canada had two well-liked and respected female GGs in the recent past (Clarkson and Jean) who had no such complaints.

They probably picked her for symbolic reasons and didn't do a thorough vetting.
Not sure how they missed the US allegations and drama. It was public knowledge. Not much vetting to do in that case, is there?

Is it back to an anglo this time? It seems we like to rotate back and forth.
What about an ESL-er? I volunteer! Child of refugees....think about the feel-good wokey pokey optics!

I wonder if they will tap Prince Harry for the role of GG

Bad idea - given how the drama turned out. The last thing you want is a bunch of paparazzi's and the inevitable need to respond to them soiling the dignity of this office.

Her excuse that people were complaining about her because they don't like women in positions of authority is kind of reminiscent of the defense against all the recent complaints about woke Star Wars, Ghostbusters reboot, etc. as just misogyny. Nevermind that Canada had two well-liked and respected female GGs in the recent past (Clarkson and Jean) who had no such complaints.

Clarkson and Jean both came with criticisms - Jean in particular had some major blowup at La Francophonie after her tenure as the GG (which would have been rather damaging should it happen during her time). Previous public profile is important, but that had to be balanced against the values this position demands (stability, continuity, neutrality, general good graces/manners).

AoD

Prince Harry lives in the US, and it's been a while since disgraced royals were sent off to the colonies to be GGs, so it's highly doubtful.

Prince Harry lives in the US, and it's been a while since disgraced royals were sent off to the colonies to be GGs, so it's highly doubtful.

There is something rather awkward (plus the subject of an unpredictable minefield of Royal intrigue and politics) being an almost estranged representative of the Queen. Avoid like the plague.

AoD

I didn't think Harry was a serious suggestion. He absolutely should not be GG. I mean, he's not Canadian!

I didn't think Harry was a serious suggestion. He absolutely should not be GG. I mean, he's not Canadian!

Yes but he is British and formerly part of the monarchy. The essential role of the GG is to be the Queens representative and in this case the Queen is his Grandmother.

Who better to represent the Queen than her Grandson.

Yes but he is British and formerly part of the monarchy. The essential role of the GG is to be the Queens representative and in this case the Queen is his Grandmother.

Uh no - have you been reading the news about the relationship between the Queen and her grandson? The last thing Canada should want is getting dragged into that mess. Now if you want to make him King that's a different story - but we aren't going there.

AoD

That is one of the stupidist suggestions I have heard to date! You seem not to understand the role of the GG; it has a huge 'ceremonial' component (which Harry has just fled from) and it also has a major and complicated 'constitutional" component for which he appears to have no training (or inclination.) The fact that he is not Canadian is not a real factor, though we have not had a non-Canadian GG since Vincent Massey was appointed in 1952.

Back