News   Apr 23, 2024
 112     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 852     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 289     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

That is one of the stupidist suggestions I have heard to date! You seem not to understand the role of the GG; it has a huge 'ceremonial' component (which Harry has just fled from) and it also has a major and complicated 'constitutional" component for which he appears to have no training (or inclination.) The fact that he is not Canadian is not a real factor, though we have not had a non-Canadian GG since Vincent Massey was appointed in 1952.

To be fair, I don't think most of our GGs in the modern era had constitutional training until they are in office.

AoD

That's weird.....I could have sworn I left a couple of posts here yesterday.

Something about upholding consistent standards and not being arbitrary. Anyone see them?

It looks like the feds may invoke the Emergencies Act after all to limit travel. With the new highly transmissible variants and people still travelling they are looking to stop travel in its tracks with the upcoming spring breaks.

I can see the optics of it given that a Trudeau invoked the War Measures Act in the 1970s. The simple fact is people are not heeding the warnings and as a result newer, stronger measures are needed to prevent a national disaster.

See here:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/garneau-emergencies-act-pandemic-travel-1.5885770

It looks like the feds may invoke the Emergencies Act after all to limit travel. With the new highly transmissible variants and people still travelling they are looking to stop travel in its tracks with the upcoming spring breaks.

I can see the optics of it given that a Trudeau invoked the War Measures Act in the 1970s. The simple fact is people are not heeding the warnings and as a result newer, stronger measures are needed to prevent a national disaster.

See here:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/garneau-emergencies-act-pandemic-travel-1.5885770

"Won't rule out" is still pretty thin sauce. The preamble of the Act says it is still subject to the Charter so Section 6 (mobility) remains subject to Section 1 (reasonable limitations). The difficult issue would be Canadian returning from abroad; I'd be surprised if they would go so far as to deny re-entry, but placing conditions on return seems reasonable. Quite frankly, I don't trust evidence of test or vaccine - I suspect counterfeit versions are already on the Internet. I vote for mandatory quarantine facilities, like we did in the beginning. No doubt there are vacant hotels on airport strips all across the country.

Trudeau has turfed Brampton Centre MP Ramesh Sangha.

I don't get it. Did I miss something? What exactly did MP Sangha do?

What are these "baseless and dangerous accusations"? I'm not even sure what that means. Dangerous accusations?

edit:

Here we go.

Probably accused Bains of being a Khalistani terrorist sympathiser or something

Sources who spoke to CBC News said Sangha made disparaging comments about Liberal MP Navdeep Bains, who is Sikh. Bains stepped down from the federal cabinet last month because he is not running again in the next election, citing family reasons.

The National Post reported in 2019 that Sangha accused the Liberal government of "pandering" to Sikh separatists in a way that threatened to derail Canada's relationship with India.

"There is no doubt, there cannot be two opinions that the Liberal Party is pandering [to] Khalistan supporters," the Post quoted Sangha as saying in an interview on 5AAB, a Punjabi-language channel based in Mississauga, Ont. "One thing is for sure, when we raise this issue, it will raise an anti-India slogan or demand the division of India on some ground. In that, ultimately our relations, the Canada-India relationship will certainly develop cracks."

Last edited:
He accused another Liberal MP of being some kind of Indian separatist extremist. Apparently baselessly. I don't see how it would have much bearing on Canadian politics. Seems like inside baseball for the Indian community.

He accused another Liberal MP of being some kind of Indian separatist extremist. Apparently baselessly. I don't see how it would have much bearing on Canadian politics. Seems like inside baseball for the Indian community.

It's "racist"....or something.

Other than Trump, has there been a politician with a worse past 12 months than Morneau?

Meh, that's what happens when you play in the sandbox. I think it it is was Bob Ray who said politics is a blood sport.

At least he can go back and wallow in his millions.

1611694475301.png

Back