News   May 01, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 342     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 358     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

I really have to commend Videodrome - or the programmers who created him - for his ability to insert the ludicrous assertion that Scheer = alt-right into every single post, no matter how tangential it is to the subject at hand.

So, let's talk about Trudeau's housing announcement today. It was a good thing and much needed for the city.

It's nice to see some loans, but it's also unfortunately spread over a ten-year period, and is directed entirely towards the TCHC, which doesn't have a great track record of management is notorious for mismanagement.

It's nice to see some loans, but it's also unfortunately spread over a ten-year period, and is directed entirely towards the TCHC, which doesn't have a great track record of management.
It's no small amount of money, and yet the whole announcement is somehow 'gratuitous' in so many ways.

It's no small amount of money, and yet the whole announcement is somehow 'gratuitous' in so many ways.
It feels a bit like a Wynne announcement- something that seems great at first sight, but only arrives conveniently close to an election/after a bad PR incident, and also has a set of asterisks hovering over it.

I guess I'll still take it though. Also wonder when the money starts rolling out- I've heard conflicting news that it either comes out in spring, or in fall.

It feels a bit like a Wynne announcement- something that seems great at first sight, but only arrives conveniently close to an election/after a bad PR incident, and also has a set of asterisks hovering over it.

I guess I'll still take it though. Also wonder when the money starts rolling out- I've heard conflicting news that it either comes out in spring, or in fall.
The Marie Antoinette housing project...
About $810-million of the federal money will come in the form of loans, while $530-million will be contributions. All of the funding will be distributed over a 10-year period
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/trudeau-tory-affordable-housing-toronto-crisis-1.5086114

"Let them eat kack..." It's pathetic...

I really have to commend Videodrome - or the programmers who created him - for his ability to insert the ludicrous assertion that Scheer = alt-right into every single post, no matter how tangential it is to the subject at hand.

I am most certainly not a bot! Scheer isn't alt-right himself, but intentionally caters to that group in an effort not to lose ground to the PPC. My reference to it was also relevant, as those emboldened people found it necessary to crash a housing announcement. The sad part was that the Canadian media glossed over the fact that they were racist yellow vest types and instead referred to them as protesters.

It's nice to see some loans, but it's also unfortunately spread over a ten-year period, and is directed entirely towards the TCHC, which doesn't have a great track record of management is notorious for mismanagement.

I won't argue that fact.

Last edited:
I am most certainly not a bot! Scheer isn't alt-right himself, but intentionally caters to that group in an effort not to lose ground to the PPC. My reference to it was also relevant, as those emboldened people found it necessary to crash a housing announcement. The sad part was that the Canadian media glossed over the fact that they were racist yellow vest types and instead referred to them as protesters.

I won't argue that fact.

I think the lack of favorable media coverage for Scheer (or his congeniality making him appear so bland they choose not to cover him), has left people open to their own interpretations of the man. Some Yellow Vests show up at his rallies or a Liberal counter-rally, some automatically assume he endorses or paid them to be there to disrupt. This happened to Trump too when some media tried to associate him with David Duke and even after he publicly disavowed the Klan, the narrative continued to hound him for months.

What? The Media is attacking Trudeau relentlessly over the SNC stuff. To add to a comment I made in the Doug Ford thread, my dad and his lawyer friend at their church discussed JWR as well. The lawyer said that this kind of thing happens with big companies all the time and the way the opposition parties and the media portray it is horrible. Butts and Wernick didn't need to get this kind of treatment and JWR herself is the one at fault. This is coming from a lawyer who has likely dealt with the situation before. Even Conrad Black, who is no Liberal supporter, sides with the PM on the issue.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colu...he-lavalin-mess-is-the-conservatives-response

This column is by a Liberal strategist, but it is still interesting that the Sun allowed it to be published.

Last edited:
^ I tried to read Lord Black of Crossdressing's piece in the Pest yesterday. I'd love to have a face to face with him, and tell him: "For someone caught red-handed committing criminal acts, felony fraud and obstruction of justice, where the hell do you get off pontificating to others?" What a pompous fffing *&$#%.

It just goes to show the character of person taking Justin's side on this. I have friends who're Libpologists, and all of their arguments are beyond pathetic. Even as every one is defeated by fact, they change the channel. On the upside, the votes the Libs are losing are disbursing evenly to all the other parties, including the Greens.

^ I tried to read Lord Black of Crossdressing's piece in the Pest yesterday. I'd love to have a face to face with him, and tell him: "For someone caught red-handed committing criminal acts, felony fraud and obstruction of justice, where the hell do you get off pontificating to others?" What a pompous fffing *&$#%.

Black, like Rex Murphy, is highly loquacious; and even, dare I say, knowledgeable; but both often come off as vapid apologists for outmoded ways of thinking, selfishness, and the partisan interests of Conservatives. It does the conservative cause (small c) no favours when its friends damn it by bad argument and not a just a tad of incoherent rambling.

What? The Media is attacking Trudeau relentlessly over the SNC stuff. To add to a comment I made in the Doug Ford thread, my dad and his lawyer friend at their church discussed JWR as well. The lawyer said that this kind of thing happens with big companies all the time and the way the opposition parties and the media portray it is horrible. Butts and Wernick didn't need to get this kind of treatment and JWR herself is the one at fault. This is coming from a lawyer who has likely dealt with the situation before. Even Conrad Black, who is no Liberal supporter, sides with the PM on the issue.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colu...he-lavalin-mess-is-the-conservatives-response

This column is by a Liberal strategist, but it is still interesting that the Sun allowed it to be published.
Essentially the arguement is that JWR is equivalent to the Notwithstanding Clause in Ontario.

TO recap.

The DPA is to be determined by the independent public prosecutor. The AG can over-rule this, but must publish their reasons in the Gazette. No role for PM in this. So Trudeau as 100% guilty of interfering where he wasn't allowed to.
The Notwithstanding Clause is in the Constitution. It specifically states that Government is the one who invokes this. Ford is the leader of the government, so it is exactly in his responsibility to invoke it. So Ford got involved exactly as the Constitution allows.

The problem for Kinsella is he is a life long Liberal. He is of course disgusted with the lack of ethics and morals, and the corruption and ineptness of the Trudeau Liberals, but he can't bring himself to support CPC - even if to get rid of this nightmare. His only play is to educate the Liberal MPs on how dangerous Trudeau is, but at the end of the day, if he is not successful, he will stay loyal to party.

Must watch Scheer's public announcement, back later. (it's running late, and hardly anyone's there!)

Trudeau is suing Scheer! Unbelievable...Trudeau's finished...what is it that's got Trudeau by his imitation balls? I wonder if all the Libpologists will continue to go down with the shit...whoops, ship.

Last edited:

It just goes to show the character of person taking Justin's side on this. I have friends who're Libpologists, and all of their arguments are beyond pathetic. Even as every one is defeated by fact, they change the channel. On the upside, the votes the Libs are losing are disbursing evenly to all the other parties, including the Greens.

I don't care for Conrad Black myself.

Must watch Scheer's public announcement, back later. (it's running late, and hardly anyone's there!)

Trudeau is suing Scheer! Unbelievable...Trudeau's finished...what is it that's got Trudeau by his imitation balls? I wonder if all the Libpologists will continue to go down with the shit...whoops, ship.

Scheer had the good judgment to denounce that horrible new Sharia stuff in Brunei at least .

The problem for Kinsella is he is a life long Liberal. He is of course disgusted with the lack of ethics and morals, and the corruption and ineptness of the Trudeau Liberals, but he can't bring himself to support CPC - even if to get rid of this nightmare. His only play is to educate the Liberal MPs on how dangerous Trudeau is, but at the end of the day, if he is not successful, he will stay loyal to party.

Kinsella is all about himself.

Last edited:
My attention span is compromised at this point, (lol...more than usual) but it seems that part of the SNC's legal argument is this:

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/page-179.html#h-263

The above is from the "Remediation Agreement" section, and I'm not sure it applies. But this certainly does:

https://www.ppsc-sppc.gc.ca/eng/pub/fpsd-sfpg/fps-sfp/tpd/p3/ch02.html

Addendum to above:

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/D-2.5/page-2.html#docCont
Bumping this up.

Back