News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.3K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 574     1 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Definitely for psilocybin - is fairly harmless - and have been shown to create some of the most enduring spiritual experiences and demonstrated effectiveness against depression in research. Not a bad trade considering some of the most commonly prescribed SSRI anti-depressants actually increases risk of suicide and comes with a host of side-effects - and are used fairly indiscriminately in some quarters. It certainly shouldn't be discounted as "bad" by default.

AoD

It's also great for fighting addictions (of all sorts, not just to drugs) and a wikkid anxiolytic! It's also great for introspection which leads to all sorts of personal improvement benefits.

It's also extremely safe and non-addictive (unlike, ahem, legal opiates, tobacco, and alcohol.

Too bad it can be fun. Can't have people smiling.

Man, it would be of great benefit to society to stop moralising around the issue of psychotropics and actually consider the science in a rational way.

You hear that, Justin?

Trudeau has more ethics violations.

Previously, Section 5, 11, 12, 21. http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-aga-khan-ethics-island-analysis-wherry-1.4458606

Now Section 25. http://ciec-ccie.parl.gc.ca/Documents/English/Public Reports/Penalties/MIN_PUB_FR_20180618_161955.pdf#page=1

He's viewing this as a scavenger hunt where he's trying to check off all the boxes.

Except you didn’t mention what is for and who it is from:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-fine-sunglasses-pei-1.4718338

Yes it is a violation; no you don’t buy a PM off with a pair of shades.

AoD

The CPC tweeted some nonsense about Trudeau today and ended up deleting it because of the negative reaction. Who handles their social media? It is awful...

Last month a rush of new part-time jobs helps Canada post a net gain of 54,100 positions and drop the national unemployment rate down to a four-decade low.

http://dlvr.it/QfRhMG

Canada’s budget surplus in the first two months of the 2018/19 fiscal year jumped compared to 2017/18 as revenues grew much faster than expenses, the finance ministry said on Friday.

The surplus for April and May combined was C$3.18 billion ($2.43 billion) compared to just C$68 million in the same year-ago period.

https://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCAKBN1KH1WS-OCATP

Looks good at first blush. Though the data shows a decline in full-time employment with part-times jobs having made up for that.

I wonder if my work habits play a tiny part in these numbers sometimes.
I myself can no longer tell if I'm part-time or full-. ;)

Lately I've been taking it too easy so I may be one of those part-timers even though I'm really full-time. How many more of those part-timers are just people who have other things to do than work all the time?

Speaking of.....how do they get these numbers? Specifically, the seperate identification of part- and full-time employees when there is a common hard cut-off of 35hrs per week worked that separates the two. I'm a part-time full-timer, sorry about your figures there, treasury.

So, there are two seats that the Liberals could take from the NDP. Tom Mulcair retired and the party isn't very popular in Quebec, as seen in the most recent by-election. Of course, Kennedy Stewart is running for mayor of Vancouver, so his seat his being contested by Jagmeet Singh, despite not living in BC. The seat tends to swing between the Liberals and NDP, with the latter only winning by 2% last time, literally hundreds of votes.

EDIT:

The CPC did a great job of getting votes from immigrants and minorities in 2011. They proceeded to throw it all away with racist dog whistles and worse in 2015, a strategy they are doubling down on for next year

Last edited:
Interesting- could we see the Trudeau government taking a harder stance on migrants?

I think that they don't have enough political capital to burn between this issue and the Carbon Tax- to do both would be political suicide, especially since the political climate's changed and there's now a hostile Conservative Ontario government in place of a previously friendly Liberal government. If the Alberta NDP fall next spring, the screws will tighten even further.

Federal immigration minister removed from task force on asylum seeker
OTTAWA — Federal Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen — who criticized Queen’s Park’s views on asylum seekers — is no longer on a government task force overseeing the response to asylum seekers, a move cheered by his Ontario counterpart.

Lisa MacLeod, Ontario’s minister of children, community and social services, said she was “encouraged” that Hussen was removed from the Ad Hoc Intergovernmental Task Force on Irregular Migration and replaced by former Toronto police chief Bill Blair, who was recently promoted to cabinet.

Blair was named to the new position of minister of border security and organized crime reduction, with responsibility for the issue of refugees who have been crossing into Canada from the U.S., mostly into Quebec.
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...emoved-from-task-force-on-asylum-seekers.html

I would say Justin Trudeau Will be PM due to the Personality, but I imagine like Obama once he is gone, a populist will take his place as a reaction to his 8-10 years as PM.

I think Trudeau will be re-elected because there is no decent or viable alternative at this point.

I think Trudeau will be re-elected because there is no decent or viable alternative at this point.

I just can't work up anger at the Trudeau-led government. There's lots of disappointment, sure. The NDP remains in the wilderness (maybe that will change once Singh is elected as an MP), and the Conservatives haven't learned a damned thing. I probably won't vote Liberal in my riding, but I'm not sure how I'd vote otherwise. It'd depend entirely on the local candidates.

I would say Justin Trudeau Will be PM due to the Personality, but I imagine like Obama once he is gone, a populist will take his place as a reaction to his 8-10 years as PM.

Well, that's a bleak outlook.

I'm a bit more optimistic: after a decade and various populist clowns running amok in various jurisdictions around the globe, people will learn and move on.
I like to think that humanity is better than this. Or at least damn well should be by now.

I like to think that humanity is better than this. Or at least damn well should be by now.

Because the last 6000 years of history taught us... Anyways, we as a species tend to do well only after a reckoning, and I suspect we are well on our way of forgetting the lessons of the last one and will be repeating the same mistakes again.

AoD

Last edited:

Back