News   Jun 25, 2024
 909     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 831     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.4K     3 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

You know what's messed up? I actually believed in Trudeau 's lie on electoral reform.
You know what's awesome? I still didn't vote for them.

I knew they were Liberals after all.
I still maintain that flip-flopping on that promise was probably one of the best moves of the Trudeau government.

Between the Liberals being adamant on pushing for ranked ballot (which would be the only voting system worse than FPTP in a party system) and the Conservatives pushing for a referendum on the topic (which would have been very messy affair and would have probably backfired badly on would-be electoral reformers like it did in Ontario and jurisdictions across the world), pulling out of that promise was probably the best result.

The only bad thing is that it may have blew momentum for electoral reform for this generation. Or perhaps not should the Conservatives actually split.

Yeah, it was the best possible outcome given their self-serving and stubbornly obtuse insistence on ranked balloting, but they lied and they dismissed the good work of an all-party committee that had come up with proportional representation after a lot of hard work, research, and consultation.

Good outcome, given the government's self-interest? Sure.
A bunch of bollocks and a massive election fraud perpetrated by the Liberals? Also yes.

I sort of believed in the new government as being fresh and different. Nope, same old self-serving Liberal arrogance.

Yeah, it was the best possible outcome given their self-serving and stubbornly obtuse insistence on ranked balloting, but they lied and they dismissed the good work of an all-party committee that had come up with proportional representation after a lot of hard work, research, and consultation.

Good outcome, given the government's self-interest? Sure.
A bunch of bollocks and a massive election fraud perpetrated by the Liberals? Also yes.

I sort of believed in the new government as being fresh and different. Nope, same old self-serving Liberal arrogance.
I had a feeling that portfolio would be a flop when they decided to not have Stephane Dion (a university professor who has written academic papers about electoral reform, and has a variation of PR coined with his name) lead the commission or be the Minister of Democratic Institutions.

Instead they gave it to Monsef, who has turned out to be one of the most incompetent and horrendous ministers of any Canadian government in my living memory.

Instead they gave it to Monsef, who has turned out to be one of the most incompetent and horrendous ministers of any Canadian government in my living memory.
How about Melanie Joly.
Or how about the Minister of International Trade (Jim Carr - had to look it up) - haven't heard his name once even though we are in critical negotiations.

Including the Prime, these Liberals have many candidates fro the most incompetent Ministers in Canadian history.

Just in time for Kinder-Morgan shareholders to approve swindling Canada out of 4.5B dollars.......... The Federal Court of Appeals has quashed the approval of Trans Mountain, delaying it indefinitely.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/bus...ottawas-approval-of-trans-mountain-expansion/

I am beyond exasperated by the nationalization of a loss, where profit would have been private.

The precedent this sets, unless overturned by the SCC will likely stifle any new pipelines for the foreseeable future, certainly any that would involve a shipping component.

I stated how this all could have been avoided while pleasing the folks in AB....sigh.

What's another 4.5+ billion? Don't worry, I'm not retiring g for another 12-15 years. Plenty of time for me to make my contribution to foolishness.

That's what happens when you don't pick your cabinet by merit, but by checklists, gender, religion, culture and race.

Let this be a lesson to those who want to artificially stack institutions with gender parity.

Gerry Butts forgot to include a selection of qualifications on the checklists, the scoundrel.

Just in time for Kinder-Morgan shareholders to approve swindling Canada out of 4.5B dollars.......... The Federal Court of Appeals has quashed the approval of Trans Mountain, delaying it indefinitely.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/bus...ottawas-approval-of-trans-mountain-expansion/

I am beyond exasperated by the nationalization of a loss, where profit would have been private.

The precedent this sets, unless overturned by the SCC will likely stifle any new pipelines for the foreseeable future, certainly any that would involve a shipping component.

I stated how this all could have been avoided while pleasing the folks in AB....sigh.

To paraphrase Northern Light, we need to take away this veto from First Nations (some of which are as small as a few hundred members) which allows them to kill every pipeline. Everything they have, and we have, is derived from the market economy. They can't have it both ways; endless payouts and subsidies from an economy they are strangling.

To paraphrase Northern Light, we need to take away this veto from First Nations (some of which are as small as a few hundred members) which allows them to kill every pipeline. Everything they have, and we have, is derived from the market economy. They can't have it both ways; endless payouts and subsidies from an economy they are strangling.

My sector of the economy is fine, I can keep giving. I'd rather give to them than to corporations.

My sector of the economy is fine, I can keep giving. I'd rather give to them than to corporations.

Why keep giving at all, this dependency will go on for eternity? Tiny settlements in remote parts of the country will never be economic. The infrastructure costs and environmental footprint are way too high. Technically you're not really giving to corporations on a net basis.

And I suspect your segment of the economy is, like everything else, indirectly tied to resources.

Why keep giving at all, this dependency will go on for eternity? Tiny settlements in remote parts of the country will never be economic. The infrastructure costs and environmental footprint are way too high. Technically you're not really giving to corporations on a net basis.

And I suspect your segment of the economy is, like everything else, indirectly tied to resources.

No, it's directly tied to a necessity of life: shelter.

Explain this net basis contribution bollocks to me.

I get more back from any given company than my portion of their corporate welfare?
Oh, I'm so grateful!

Get out of here with that rubbish.

I work hard and don't mind helping others but corporate welfare is an anti-liberal, anti-free market fraud perpetrated on people like me. People like me who are then directed to take out my grievances on human welfare recipients.
I think not. I know a scam when I feel one draining the value of my hard work for someone else's profit.

I can agree that some remote communities are unsustainable under current socio-economic conditions.

So if all these Corporations in Canada with their know-how, intellectual capital, processes, products and services just picked up and left we'd be all be better off? If you think that, then the education system under the Liberals has truly imploded. How do you define Corporate welfare anyway?

Most corp welfare is actually govts bribing firms to do something they dont want to do because its unprofitable. Do you have an issue with profits?

So if all these Corporations in Canada with their know-how, intellectual capital, processes, products and services just picked up and left we'd be all be better off? If you think that, then the education system under the Liberals has truly imploded. How do you define Corporate welfare anyway?

Most corp welfare is actually govts bribing firms to do something they dont want to do because its unprofitable. Do you have an issue with profits?

I have an issue with profits derived indirectly from financial contributions or incentives that I have made, unwillingly and from which I derive no benefit, yeah, I do.

Why would you simplify the concept I presented and ask such a stupid, irrelevant question as whether or not I have an issue with profits?

How do I define corporate welfare?

Incentives, subsidies, buyouts, partial nationalisations (usually done to shift risk to the public) for and of private or public for-profit corporations, as undertaken by governments with revenue at least partially derived from individuals.

Why? What'd you think I meant?

I believe in free enterprise tempered by the self-preservation instincts inherent in ecological preservation.

Corporate subsidies, as described above, are not free enterprise. They are a mess of command economy ideas, applied half-way.

As to your first question....it has nothing to do with anything I said so I'm unsure as to why you'd bring it up, except maybe to try and prove your point using logical fallacy. Which obviously....just don't.
The answer is no....not sure why I even bothered answering that nonsense.

I should also add, since you're too clever, that I went to primary school under NDP and PC governments and secondary school under PC government.
I did go to university and college under Liberal government, though I didn't complete either.
Perhaps that says something, by your logic, of the education system under NDP and PC governments. :p

Back