News   Apr 26, 2024
 276     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 499     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.5K     4 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Regarding the lady heckler, Trudeau seems to have been vindicated, as she is part of a far right group with white supremacist ties. Meanwhile, the CPC is siding with racism to keep the base happy.

The new child benefit program is the piece of legislation Trudeau’s government introduced that I think is a home run. It actually replaces a bunch of existing programs with one that is superior in so many ways.

The refugee situation is an example of straight up bad government. Politicking, poor decision making, failure to act, passing the buck, and solving government mistakes with ever more layers of government solutions. This last reflex is a strain of contemporary Liberal thought in Canada perfected by the Ontario Wynne government that is particularly bad governing.

Regarding the lady heckler, Trudeau seems to have been vindicated, as she is part of a far right group with white supremacist ties. Meanwhile, the CPC is siding with racism to keep the base happy.

I watched a video of the incident and I would say he hasn't been vindicated. His responses to her were laughable and pathetic. He appears as though he's calmly defusing the situation, except that there wasn't anything in need of defusing and his responses had nothing to do with what she was asking him. She was asking legit questions, really.

Asking him about the money used to house refugees and asking him about whether or not he respects "Quebecois de souche" does not make her a racist even if she might in fact be a racist.
He kept going on about how her type of intolerance has no place in Canada. Ok, cool, except there was nothing she said that was intolerant. She was asking about money and whether or not he respects a specific identifiable group of people.
To be honest, he seemed intellectually spent in that moment. He had nothing intelligent to say to her and kept repeating government talking points and levelling ridiculous and irrelevant accusations at the lady.
She was then pulled away by police (an old lay, by the by) for supposedly making a threat. This supposed threat is not heard in the video I saw and may or may not have been made.
Our PM is scared of old ladies asking him questions. Vindicated? Nah. Laughable? Ever more so.

I think Trudeau has drank as much of his particular Kool Aid as anyone else.

The refugee situation is an example of straight up bad government. Politicking, poor decision making, failure to act, passing the buck, and solving government mistakes with ever more layers of government solutions. This last reflex is a strain of contemporary Liberal thought in Canada perfected by the Ontario Wynne government that is particularly bad governing.

Case-in-point. You want the rise of nativist organizations (even among recent immigrants) and a total erosion in the faith that immigration is a good thing?

Do as the Liberals did (which is to not fix a system buckling under its own weight or attempt to reduce migrant numbers so that that broken system could at least cope).

Canada's backlogged asylum system is 'not sustainable,' immigration minister says in leaked letter
The language is unusually strong for Ahmed Hussen, who speaks often about Canada’s 'strict and efficient immigration and border-control system'
OTTAWA — The number of people seeking asylum in Canada is rising “far beyond” what the existing system can handle, according to a recent letter from Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen obtained by the National Post.

“Without changes to improve efficiency and productivity of the asylum process, wait times and backlogs will only continue to grow,” Hussen writes in the Aug. 14 letter, addressed to the Canadian Bar Association. “This situation is not sustainable, nor is it fair to the people who need Canada’s protection.”
Sergio Karas, an immigration lawyer and analyst, called Hussen’s letter “an admission of failure … by the Liberal government,” and said the existing system wasn’t designed to accommodate the current volume of asylum claims.

“I honestly do not understand how it is that the federal government can look the people of Canada in the eye and say that the system works,” he said. “Because the system has collapsed.”

https://nationalpost.com/news/polit...le-immigration-minister-says-in-leaked-letter

A yet a month ago:
Liberal ministers insist irregular border crossers a challenge, 'not a crisis'
A trio of Liberal cabinet ministers tried today to reassure Canadians the government has a tight grip on the spike in asylum seekers crossing into Canada, beating back Conservative claims that there is no clear plan or budget in place.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/immigration-committee-asylum-seekers-border-1.4757762

The Liberals have it good right now. Sure they make mistakes, but the CPC is making so many unforced errors and dealing with public infighting. I won't have any issue supporting my MP next year with all of the attacks she is getting from the CPC and other conservatives for beating cancer.

I voted Liberal in the last election not because of Trudeau but in spite of him. I find him annoying and somewhat lacking in substance. That said he seems sincere and willing to give others more capable around him the latitude to do their jobs.

My problem is that the results have been mixed at best. Annoying and lacking in substance is something that actually comes through in policy too often. Ideas from Gerald Butts and the Ontario Liberal braintrust I strongly disagree with are too central.

I don’t hate this government yet but I soon may. They deserve relegation to minority status at best for me at this point.

I voted Liberal in the last election not because of Trudeau but in spite of him. I find him annoying and somewhat lacking in substance. That said he seems sincere and willing to give others more capable around him the latitude to do their jobs.
  • He seems like an actor and not a word that comes out of his mouth can be believed.
  • He essentially gives the job of running the government over to Gerrald Butts, who in turn controls the entire government more strictly than Harper ever did (there was an At Issue where I recall this being discussed.

My problem is that the results have been mixed at best. Annoying and lacking in substance is something that actually comes through in policy too often. Ideas from Gerald Butts and the Ontario Liberal braintrust I strongly disagree with are too central.

I don’t hate this government yet but I soon may. They deserve relegation to minority status at best for me at this point.

While I agree with you, the problem is that there does not appear to be any decent alternative.

The Conservatives have swung too far right for my liking.

And the NDP seem to have lost all of the Layton momentum.

Trudeau is far more ideological and inflexible than Harper, which was the biggest criticism his government received from average voters.

I cannot in good faith vote for a second Trudeau government - they're in way over their heads.

While I agree with you, the problem is that there does not appear to be any decent alternative.

The Conservatives have swung too far right for my liking.

And the NDP seem to have lost all of the Layton momentum.
The Conservatives on the right? The party believes in nothing, except perhaps supply management.

There seems to be an NDP exodus in the works. Linda Duncan has just announced that she won't be running for re-election, so there is no way they can hold the seat now. Just a matter of whether the Liberal or CPC candidate wins.

You know what's messed up? I actually believed in Trudeau 's lie on electoral reform.
You know what's awesome? I still didn't vote for them.

I knew they were Liberals after all.

Back