News   Apr 16, 2024
 163     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.3K     5 

PATH Network Expansion (various, various, various)

Yeah, that's truly dumb. And very misleading. You see people in the PATH with those maps in hand. They'd be delighted, when looking for that diagonal tunnel, to be told that "it's conceptual". It's also shown inconsistently from other outdoor walkways.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's truly dumb. And very misleading. You see people in the PATH with those maps in hand. They'd be delighted, when looking for that diagonal tunnel, to be told that "it's conceptual". It's also shown inconsistently from other outdoor walkways.

That's so stupid. You're right, it's shown as an "Enclosed" connection on the map when it should be shown as a dotted line indicating an outdoor route.

At least they finally updated the map to show at grade and above-grade connections.

That's so stupid. You're right, it's shown as an "Enclosed" connection on the map when it should be shown as a dotted line indicating an outdoor route.

At least they finally updated the map to show at grade and above-grade connections.
It shouldn't even be an outdoor route since I can't think of a single other outdoor PATH connection that involves crossing vehicular traffic at grade.

It shouldn't even be an outdoor route since I can't think of a single other outdoor PATH connection that involves crossing vehicular traffic at grade.

Perhaps not now .....but pretty sure that before Bay/Adelaide was built they used to show an outdoor connection through that temporary urban park and a across Richmond into the Bay

Perhaps not now .....but pretty sure that before Bay/Adelaide was built they used to show an outdoor connection through that temporary urban park and a across Richmond into the Bay
Even before Bay/Adelaide was built, you could get to The Bay through a parking garage entrance on Temperance. But maybe you're thinking of Temperance rather than Richmond.

The pedestrian tunnel between L-Tower and Backstage is there so that L-Tower residents can access their parking in Backstage. It is not a public tunnel.

There is an L Tower listing on MLS where the agent describes the building as connected to Union via Path, so maybe there is a secret tunnel for residents...or he too is confused by the Path map.:)

There is an L Tower listing on MLS where the agent describes the building as connected to Union via Path, so maybe there is a secret tunnel for residents...or he too is confused by the Path map.:)
The tunnel between L-Tower and BS is available to residents now (I think); the above-ground walkway from BS through the (still to be constructed) 141 Bay (the current GO Bus station) to Union is NOT there and will not be there for many years. Yes, residents of L-Tower can probably walk in PATH to Union Station and further but NOT for several years.

The tunnel between L-Tower and BS is available to residents now (I think); the above-ground walkway from BS through the (still to be constructed) 141 Bay (the current GO Bus station) to Union is NOT there and will not be there for many years. Yes, residents of L-Tower can probably walk in PATH to Union Station and further but NOT for several years.

If they have a tunnel connection to the current bus station then they are connected to the path as the bus station is connected by going up to track level and over Bay street to Union.

If they have a tunnel connection to the current bus station then they are connected to the path as the bus station is connected by going up to track level and over Bay street to Union.

But there is no tunnel to the bus station. The tunnel connects L to Backstage (BS was in reference to Backstage, not bus station :p), where the parking for L is located. Backstage will be connected to the bus station by a bridge.

But there is no tunnel to the bus station. The tunnel connects L to Backstage (BS was in reference to Backstage, not bus station :p), where the parking for L is located. Backstage will be connected to the bus station by a bridge.

totally read BS as Bus Station....that's BS man

Last edited:
So here is an update on the map I've been working on: http://i.imgur.com/nW6opmM.png

I got around to color-coding it as previously discussed. Green is proposed and Purple under construction. If you spot out any inconsistencies or inaccuracies, do tell.

I have no idea how 1-7 Yonge Street project should connect with the PATH. As for what next, I am thinking of adding the Spadina Streetcar next, and moving towards The Well development. 325 Front West and the proposed 400 Front West can have hypothetical PATH connections right?

Last edited:
No connection coming for YC Condos, nor Massey Tower, nor 88 Scott.

There is no connection to the Dominion Public Building, at it's not foreseen at this point.

The connection to the Sony Centre should not be shown. That tunnel only exists for L Tower residents to access their garage under Backstage, and may someday get them in the PATH system, but that could be several years away, who knows. Still, it will not be open to the public. There's a private entrance from 777 Bay into the north tower at RoCP, but that's not shown (nor should it be) and it arguably makes a better connection with that building that, the L Tower tunnel ever will.

Backstage's PATH walkway when it finally opens many years off is above grade, and runs along the south side of the building. Best to just remove it for the time being. Similarly, the purple line running through the non-existent 141 Bay is as non-existent as that building is itself. Theoretically it will be an above grade walkway and run along the south edge of the building when it does open several years in the future.

INDX will just be INDX, not INDX Centre.

The diagonal line through Maple Leaf Square, as mentioned in posts above, is bullshit.

You might as well extend the blue for 90 Harbour up to the PATH bridge heading south; it goes right through the east edge of 90 Harbour. The PATH link heading into RBC WaterPark Place might as well turn south where you have it ending now, and end it at the south edge of the building. There are doors there to Queens Quay.

It seems there is a tunnel between Queen's Park subway station and government buildings nearby. What is the extent of that connection? Is it accesible to the general public?

No connection coming for YC Condos, nor Massey Tower, nor 88 Scott.

Checking, I guess I am wrong about YC Condos. That is fairly disappointing. I suppose there is not much hope of connecting Bloor with the rest of the PATH system then.

As for Massey Tower and 88 Scott, I got carried away with condos that have planned subway access. I realize PATH access =/= Subway access, especially if you need to go through the turnstile at a subway station to access it. They will be removed from the next iteration.

There is no connection to the Dominion Public Building, at it's not foreseen at this point.

The connection to the Sony Centre should not be shown. That tunnel only exists for L Tower residents to access their garage under Backstage, and may someday get them in the PATH system, but that could be several years away, who knows. Still, it will not be open to the public. There's a private entrance from 777 Bay into the north tower at RoCP, but that's not shown (nor should it be) and it arguably makes a better connection with that building that, the L Tower tunnel ever will.

Backstage's PATH walkway when it finally opens many years off is above grade, and runs along the south side of the building. Best to just remove it for the time being. Similarly, the purple line running through the non-existent 141 Bay is as non-existent as that building is itself. Theoretically it will be an above grade walkway and run along the south edge of the building when it does open several years in the future.

Right, the purple line through 141 Bay should be dashed to show future connections. I'll keep Sony Centre as a landmark but remove the PATH connection from it. That might be the best solution to those kind of situations. How would 141 Bay connect with Union if not under the Dominion Public Building?

INDX will just be INDX, not INDX Centre.

The diagonal line through Maple Leaf Square, as mentioned in posts above, is bullshit.

You might as well extend the blue for 90 Harbour up to the PATH bridge heading south; it goes right through the east edge of 90 Harbour. The PATH link heading into RBC WaterPark Place might as well turn south where you have it ending now, and end it at the south edge of the building. There are doors there to Queens Quay.

Noted!

Back