News   Apr 24, 2024
 97     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 264     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 588     0 

PATH Network Expansion (various, various, various)

As for Massey Tower and 88 Scott, I got carried away with condos that have planned subway access. I realize PATH access =/= Subway access, especially if you need to go through the turnstile at a subway station to access it.

I'm not aware of planned subway access for Massey Tower or 88 Scott. That idea seems particularly far-fetched for 88 Scott.

Right, the purple line through 141 Bay should be dashed to show future connections. I'll keep Sony Centre as a landmark but remove the PATH connection from it. That might be the best solution to those kind of situations. How would 141 Bay connect with Union if not under the Dominion Public Building?

141 Bay will connect via a series of bridges, one bridge being Union Station itself: apparently one platform will be used for the path connection over Bay Street north of the tracks. Of course it will also connect wit the new park bridge over the tracks to 45 Bay, and 45 Bay will connect to the ACC and the PATH south of the tracks via a new bridge over Bay Street.

any way you can add Ryerson University? they have a small indoor network and may eventually connect directly to the main system.

CDXPN0PUgAASVQI.jpg:large

Sneak peek of the new York Concourse. It opens to the public on Monday! - https://twitter.com/Metrolinx/status/591607086879870977

CDXTd7eWMAEzQyo.jpg:large

The York Concourse has a new connection to the PATH System, which goes to the North side of Front Street. - https://twitter.com/Metrolinx/status/591611443323121664

Did someone say new PATH extension?

[video=youtube;T7cg85vZNE0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7cg85vZNE0[/video]

Filmed yesterday.

Sneak peek of the new York Concourse. It opens to the public on Monday! -
The York Concourse has a new connection to the PATH System, which goes to the North side of Front Street.

I hate to get nittpicky...particularly because I am a big fan of everything going on at Union....but this new tunnel from the new York Concourse to the sidewalk on the nw corner of York and Front in front of 1 University is not a connection to the path system and won't be until they take it further up york to the HSBC building at Wellington and York where it would meet the path system.

Is it useful...yes....is it a new tunnel...yes...does it connect to the path system....no

I hate to get nittpicky...particularly because I am a big fan of everything going on at Union....but this new tunnel from the new York Concourse to the sidewalk on the nw corner of York and Front in front of 1 University is not a connection to the path system and won't be until they take it further up york to the HSBC building at Wellington and York where it would meet the path system.

Is it useful...yes....is it a new tunnel...yes...does it connect to the path system....no
It is going to be a part of the PATH when they complete it... so it's definitely worthy of this thread.

It is going to be a part of the PATH when they complete it... so it's definitely worthy of this thread.

I wasn't questioning whether or not discussion of it here was worthy....nor was I questioning if it ever would connect the nw section of union to the path.

I was responding to a post that said "t opens to the public on Monday! - The York Concourse has a new connection to the PATH System"

On Monday all that opens (regarding path) is a very convenient underpass from the York Concourse to 1 University....allowing people to avoid crossing that awkward intersection with multiple light cycles....As I, and you, point out....it will not connect to the PATH system until around 2017

It may not yet have retail or connect directly to a building but it a new entrance/exit connected to the PATH system.

On Monday all that opens (regarding path) is a very convenient underpass from the York Concourse to 1 University....allowing people to avoid crossing that awkward intersection with multiple light cycles....As I, and you, point out....it will not connect to the PATH system until around 2017

It will connect to the PATH as of tomorrow. If I am walking along Front and enter the pavilion on the north side of Front at York, I will descend into the PATH. What you're trying to say is that it doesn't yet connect to the PATH to the north along York. But that's different than not being connected to the PATH.

It will connect to the PATH as of tomorrow. If I am walking along Front and enter the pavilion on the north side of Front at York, I will descend into the PATH. What you're trying to say is that it doesn't yet connect to the PATH to the north along York. But that's different than not being connected to the PATH.

Yes...at one end it is a connection to the path...at the other end it is an exit out of the path. The context of the post that I responded to was that the new York Concourse at Union has a connection to the path...it does not...it has a new, elongated, exit from the path that will in a couple of years become a connection to the path.

Back