News   Apr 24, 2024
 177     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.2K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 608     0 

PATH Network Expansion (various, various, various)

The problem once you reach Elm St, most of those buildings have the heritage designation. One of the only possibilities there is the property that has the apartment building at 23 Elm. It does back onto the western half of the Bookstore site, but that won't be redeveloped for a very long time, or at least reconfigured to have the PATH.

Wow I cannot believe I am just finding out about this thread now!

As most of you know, I have been a little obsessed with the PATH as of late. Just the other week I created a base map to plot out future PATH extensions. I extended the map north to Yorkville, west to Bathurst and east to Sherbourne. Enjoy!

G7Fl2ff.png

This image is missing the connections up on bloor between the subway and manulife centre...as well as the future connections to 1 bloor east/west...I guess not technically part of PATH, but definitely it makes sense that it rebranded as such (and you should add them to your map!).

I didn't make any additions to the PATH network in that image. The buildings around Yonge-Bloor are not considered a part of the PATH network but they easily could be with simple rebranding. It was one of my reasons for creating the extended map.

1 Bloor West (The One) even directly calls their new underground connections as a part of the PATH.

"There will be seven levels of retail at the base, and PATH connections to Yonge-Bloor subway station, plus underground parking with visitor spots and valet service for the retail, slated to open by 2017." (link)

Does anyone have an idea of which buildings are connected to Bloor-Yonge station?

Salsa, that (I assume) City-created map which you've posted (and which you must credit the source of or it will have to be deleted, sorry to say) has done a terrible job of showing where the subway and stations actually are. Whoever created that spent zero time with actual drawings of the subway and just guesstimated it. Pretty badly done, in fact just about everything is wrong that they could have gotten wrong. Not something anyone should rely on if they want to plan fantasy PATH extensions!

Maybe time to get out and explore the real world?

And leave my position as armchair transit planner? How blasphemous! ;)

But I don't know, I haven't really stayed around Bloor-Yonge for an extended period of time to explore the underground connections. If I am in the area I typically head north to Yorkville.

@ interchange42, are the buildings listed as connected to the subway system at least accurate?

I was walking down Lower Simcoe Street today and noticed a PATH sign on the on the new condo building on the east side of Lower Simcoe just north of L Lake Shore Blvd - Infinity. I did not have time to investigate it but the PATH map ( http://www1.toronto.ca/static_files/economic_development_and_culture/docs/BIA Maps/PATH_map.pdf ) shows this as a "future connection" going east right to the Air Canada Centre. I assume the link across (or under) York Street is not yet open. Yes?
OK, you guys did not come through so I returned and you can walk east from Simcoe through Infinity - about 100 yards - but it's currently a dead-end. The section heading further east through ICE is not yet open (though clearly being worked on.) It looks like a perfect heated homeless haunt but it was empty, warm and clean today. I still have no idea how one would get to ACC once you pass through ICE as there is no sign of a bridge and I do not remember seeing a tunnel being built. One day ....

One small suggestion for WislaHD's map: the BD subway should be green instead of yellow. You also might want to consider adding the Yonge station platform on the BD line, although there are no direct PATH tunnels connecting to that platform.

Back