News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Park Lake Residences Condos (Pemberton Group) - Real Estate -

Wow, do you really have to be rude like this? For your information, I do not own a car... But before I start thinking of buying one, I wanted to make sure that I could have a parking available.

Greetings

Hello everyone. I stumbled across this forum as I was trying to find more information about the Park Lake project; and I'm real please to have found this site. I bought the Nipissing in 2007 and like everyone here I'm pretty excited to see the progress.

I'm quite new to the high park area and have been to a couple of spots and what not, but this site and thread seems like a good place to be to find out all of the must go places and learn a lot more about the community I'll be living in.

Anyway, just saying hello and that I appreciate all of the informative posts that are on this site. Please keep up the great work.

Hello there AID,

Welcome to the PL community. I'm glad to see that some of the regular guests are slowly joining and opening more doors to communication here. Nice suite that you have!

As a side note, I noticed yesterday while driving by lakeshore that two couples were looking through the windows of the 1st level suites. Its evident people are wanting to see
the progress indoors.

There was also an e-mail sent from Pemberton Group stating that prices were going to increase by 5 thousand today and apparently that applies to other projects in the GTA. Last time
I checked, the pricing hasn't changed on their web site yet.

I was unaware that they were letting people inside the building (or at least the terrace level). Has anyone here seen the interior so far?

Regards,

Too busy going nuts for the Olympics stuff!
Personally, I'm feeling pretty good about being able to move in by 2010.
Have looked at a few furniture stores, all of whom are giving me 5-6 month waiting times on customized (i.e. non floor model) couches. If we're lucky we'll all have our places in time for the Labour Day fireworks that you can always see along the Lakeshore.

Anybody know how many levels of parking will be included in the building? I was visiting a friend over at 777 Bay...that place has SEVEN levels of underground parking. You literally get dizzy getting to your parking spot.

To be honest I would not be a fan of another delay. Though if another delay meant that the building will get registered sooner after everyone occupies then I'm all for it; as I'm also not a fancy of occupancy fees.

Speaking of parking, I'm impressed if the terrace portion contains all the parking needed for the whole building. It seems like a small area and I hope the parking spaces are not too tiny.

Hi Josef,
I went to places like Mobilia...they consider 'custom' to be anything that's not on the floor. A lot of places are mentioning long wait times for sofas too.
I'm all about storage beds; thanks for the tip about Positive Space. Yeah, I doubt I'll be able to squeeze a dresser anywhere in my place, so I'll have to cram everything into the existing closets, or under the bed.
Not happy to hear about the flooring and stuff not being ready yet, although I'm really really hoping that's because they're being extra careful with everything ;)

Hi Neighbours

Hi to all my neighbours out there. I too purchased at Park Lake and hope to be moving into my Ontario on the E.Tower this year! I CANNOT deal with another delay. The others were somewhat expected and gave me a chance to save up for some furniture, but really, I rented a temporary spot in anticipation of the move and I'm Ready Now!

I've been wondering about the non-postage of progress pictures on the PL website and it gave me a queasy feeling, but they claim that things are still plodding along.

Thanks Josef for your insider information. Great to hear things are in fact happening. Does anyone have any new pics? Especially anyone who has sneaked in....

JB

Thanks Josef. That was quick work. I'm not able to see the photo though. Not sure if everyone else can. Maybe I just need to reboot...

This is great Josef. Thanks. So many people keep saying that we won't have a view of the lake and this makes it much more "real". Yeah!

I had an opportunity to wander down to the Lakeshore late last night and walked past the building. The doors were open, but I didn't take the chance of going in. I'm so anxious... My friend in the West Tower has a June date, and I'm hoping she's able to get her key for then so that my August date can be confirmed in my mind. :)

Hell yeah, Josef!
How did you get the worker to send you that?!

It finally feels real; great way to start off a new work week...
Thanks.

You're very welcome JB & Flower bridge.

Today, I was told that some occupancies are expecting within the upcoming weeks. Does anyone know when they'll take place or if they're delayed? I know from the 11th floor and on, occupancy commences
in the beginning of July, but how about for the ground floor and up?

Hi Joseph,
I have been reading your postings for a while, but I have been kind of busy to create a profile and reply to you. Finally I created one, cause I wanted to congratulate your for the amount of info you are providing. Thank You.
As per the lower plans occupancy date I have a unit on the 6 th floor and they told me I will get possession on June 16 2010
I bought a Nippising. Your Ontario good choice, but I was more on the 2 bedroom ones.
Later

at the risk of sounding inappropriate for a real estate discussion board...
has anyone gotten any good leads for a mortgage? what sorts of numbers are people hearing about?
best i've gotten from anywhere is a 5 year fixed at 3.69%

at the risk of sounding inappropriate for a real estate discussion board...
has anyone gotten any good leads for a mortgage? what sorts of numbers are people hearing about?
best i've gotten from anywhere is a 5 year fixed at 3.69%

Hi Flowerbridge,
The rate you have is a very good one. Hope this one is not a 120 day one. You know that for you to get the mortgage, you should wait more then 120 days. I hope that the occupancy time will be shorter then that but it is kind of impossible.
If this rate is a locked rate to a posted minus a certain discount, hang in there. Is a good one.
Royal lowered the rates yesterday, 5 year fixed and 4 year fixed. posted 5.25%
Unless you go to a brokerage and you might get a lower rate, but be careful of small letters.
Later

Back