Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

I got my 30 day warranty report yesterday. Anyone know how to dispute it properly? There are things on there that I don't agree with. Do I just call James? Or is there some sort of procedure I need to follow?

Also, does anybody have a overhead light fixture in their living room? I ask because I paid for an additioanl light in my living room, because I told there would be one there already, and I wanted 2. But I only have one right now. I think now I'm being told that the one that I have is the one I paid for because no one has overhead light fixtures in the living room. So do you guys have any?

As a first step I'd go speak with James. He'll give you an explanation so that you know what you're up against.

I'm not sure what constitutes an overhead light fixture. Mine look like this:
http://productrecalls.areavoices.com/files/2012/08/lite-12197ad.jpg <-----------this is the living room one
http://www.meijer.com/assets/product_images/styles/xlarge/1001528_4850BK_A_400.jpg
and one triple one in the kitchen area

they're all hideous and very cheap looking. I'll have to replace them eventually.

Everyone has a living room light. I barely use mine, I find it too bright, being such a small living room. I will probably end up buying a lamp. Sounds like they forgot your upgrade and are now giving you the run around.

Everyone has a living room light. I barely use mine, I find it too bright, being such a small living room. I will probably end up buying a lamp. Sounds like they forgot your upgrade and are now giving you the run around.

Yup! Try to get a refund on the upgrade.

I replaced all my ceiling lights and yea, I rarely use the living room one either.

What did you replace them with? I haven't been able to find any I like for a decent pric, haven't replaced the bathroom vanity fixture yet as well.
May install a couple ceiling fans.

For my living room/entry light I used this: Lumirama Flushmount $69.97. I wasn't sure it was going to work since it loooks very....80s...but most of my furniture is brown and square, so it looks good. Probably won't work in most situations but who knows. You can't really tell, but it's a very dark brown colour.

jucz.jpg

For the kitchen I just used this cheap one from Home Depot: HAMPTON BAY 3 Light Semi-Flushmount Track Bar - $29.97

aelq.jpg

For the bathroom vanity I used this: Minka Lavery 6544 Contemporary / Modern 4 Light Bath Fixture - $185.90

ux0u.jpg

I didn't really know what I was doing but found changing them all way quite easy. The only one that gave me trouble was the bathroom one as there was no mounting box installed, just the electrical cable coming from a hole in the wall! About 5' extra was wrapped behind the drywall too. Had a bit of trouble with the weight of the light and the drywall not being cable to support it. Seems like there should've been a box....but who knows!

Last edited:
I like the entrance one, looked at a few like that already, my parents commented they look 80's as well.

$185 for the bathroom one is a bit more then I want to spend. Someone else mentioned the bathroom light didn't have a junction box as well, what did you have to do? Cut into the drywall?

I didn't really know what I was doing but found changing them all way quite easy. The only one that gave me trouble was the bathroom one as there was no mounting box installed, just the electrical cable coming from a hole in the wall! About 5' extra was wrapped behind the drywall too. Had a bit of trouble with the weight of the light and the drywall not being cable to support it. Seems like there should've been a box....but who knows!

Looks good, Asmegin!
The basic triple kitchen light I have is by far the ugliest. I need to replace it. Even the $30 you put it in looks incredible compared to the one I have. It's the actual time/work that is delaying me from swapping them. Maybe if I just go buy some it'll motivate me to git'r done.

I like the entrance one, looked at a few like that already, my parents commented they look 80's as well.

$185 for the bathroom one is a bit more then I want to spend. Someone else mentioned the bathroom light didn't have a junction box as well, what did you have to do? Cut into the drywall?

The light came with a plate, which had to be screwed into the wall. The problem was the hole they made to pull the wire through was sloppy (probably made with a hammer), so the edges were crumbling and it was hard to find a solid positioning. I think I had to use like 5-6 screws and plugs to get it solid.

Wonder how many people will leave their 2nd cars in the visitors parking lot overnight etc. and be screwed by the paving

Yeah, I noticed 3 in the visitor parking still when I left after 8. Maybe they will be towed!

Wonder how many people will leave their 2nd cars in the visitors parking lot overnight etc. and be screwed by the paving

It sucks that people park their 2nd car in the visitor's lot, but I'm not sure how/who can enforce it. I just hate when I have people over and there is no where for them to park.

Also, there's a douchebag with a purple corvette that I've seen twice now parking on a 45 deg angle taking up 2 spots in visitor parking, meanwhile others have to park on the street because there's no room... what a stupid, inconsiderate POS... 3 strikes and you're out, buddy.

Last edited:

Back