Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

I heard from my lawyer too, May 27th is my closing date. Yay! I'm impressed with how quick that was.

Update on the bathroom sink: it finally got installed at the end of last week. But it leaks. Of course.

As for the storage unit, I measured it and it is 3' by 6 feet, one foot narrower then it supposed to be. My lawyer is contacting Vandyk to try and see if something can be done.

And for some strange reason I still don't have a bar or single shelf in my bedroom closet, so I can't hang my clothes up. Not sure how they expect me to move in if I can't put my clothes away...

Hi Everyone, does anyone know how much parking spots are being rented for, I have an extra spot and wanted to know how much to charge...is anyone looking for a parking spot?

I would look up what people are charging for condo parking rentals in Mississauga... I believe that the going rate for newer condos in Mississauga is about $100/month (this is what friends of mine pay in the Square One area). With regard to the $40/month that Layla mentioned - That's unheard of in a newer condo - You may be able to get this rate in an older rental building, but not in a newer condo.

All that being said, what you'll be able to get for your spot will depend on how many people are looking to rent and how scarce the spots are :)

I heard from my lawyer too, May 27th is my closing date. Yay! I'm impressed with how quick that was.

Update on the bathroom sink: it finally got installed at the end of last week. But it leaks. Of course.

As for the storage unit, I measured it and it is 3' by 6 feet, one foot narrower then it supposed to be. My lawyer is contacting Vandyk to try and see if something can be done.

And for some strange reason I still don't have a bar or single shelf in my bedroom closet, so I can't hang my clothes up. Not sure how they expect me to move in if I can't put my clothes away...

I would contact James asap about the missing closet bar! My unit was missing bedroom window crankers and his guys came in and installed them for me after I e-mailed James.

As forewarning - James isn't the most responsive guy via e-mail so you may want to call him if you don't hear back soon.

Just heard from my lawyer, closing May 28!

I agree with the parking spot, if I had a second one, I would be listing it for at least $80 a month.

Going to be doing up my 30 day list this weekend. There's lots of things I would love for them to fix, but I know they won't, so I am just going to list the things that are most important to me.

Ahhh are they spraying cheap perfume in the hallway, or is one of my neighbours covering their BO?

Do you guys want to post mortgage rates?

Cheapest 5 year fixed from a big bank that I could find was 2.89, 2.84 from a non-bank lender.
2.65 for variable

Do you guys want to post mortgage rates?

Cheapest 5 year fixed from a big bank that I could find was 2.89, 2.84 from a non-bank lender.
2.65 for variable

I haven't got any yet but will post offers I get.

There is a thread on the RFD Personal Finance forum about mortgage rates. People post the best rates they've gotten. Lots of brokers on the site too so you can try messaging them as they can beat the bank rates.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have seen that in the past. My 2.89 rate was through a broker (monster mortgage) and that's actually Scotiabank.
I may sign for 3 years at 2.69 and see where I am at after that.

Yeah, I have seen that in the past. My 2.89 rate was through a broker (monster mortgage) and that's actually Scotiabank.
I may sign for 3 years at 2.69 and see where I am at after that.

I got a 3 year @ 2.69 from RBC :)

What are the prepayment percentages per month and annually, if any?
I bank with RBC.

There is a lake forming outside of my bedroom window:

photo.jpg

That can't possibly be good :confused:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 272
I think you are under me, since I am on the top floor. I could see the rain shooting off the roof in the inside corners and down to your area last night. Don't think it was being properly caught in the gutters.

I just submitted my 30 day form online, 22 things, could have went for more, but i'll see if they even fix most of these.

People/property management need to start leaving the front door locked.
Sometimes I go to bring garbage out or whatever at night and the front door is wide open. Not much point in having a buzzer system if the front isn't left locked.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have a breaker in their electrical panel labelled baseboard heater? Not sure what that is for... Who do we send the Resident Information sheet from the PDI to?

Last edited:
Does anyone else have a breaker in their electrical panel labelled baseboard heater? Not sure what that is for... Who do we send the Resident Information sheet from the PDI to?

Baseboard heater in the HVAC closet on the balcony?

I think you are under me, since I am on the top floor. I could see the rain shooting off the roof in the inside corners and down to your area last night. Don't think it was being properly caught in the gutters.

I just submitted my 30 day form online, 22 things, could have went for more, but i'll see if they even fix most of these.

People/property management need to start leaving the front door locked.
Sometimes I go to bring garbage out or whatever at night and the front door is wide open. Not much point in having a buzzer system if the front isn't left locked.

I think that a lot of the rain was actually coming down through the gutters... But there wasn't anywhere for it to drain :confused: There were 3 dudes standing outside my bedroom window at 7:30 am this morning staring at the puddle hole - Hopefully they'll do something about it soon!

Agreed about the front door - It's almost always open!

On an unrelated note: Did anyone get a bill from Rogers? I thought that the cable/internet was supposed to be free for 6 months - They sent me a bill for $9. Hopefully it's just a calculation error on their end.

Back