Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

I saw it shooting off the roof from both sides down to the ground, it wasn't all making it to the gutter. It was a mini waterfall on both sides.

I tried to get the 6 months free cable with rogers, but they wouldn't do it without changing my current internet plan. Don't want that to be messed with.

I think that a lot of the rain was actually coming down through the gutters... But there wasn't anywhere for it to drain :confused: There were 3 dudes standing outside my bedroom window at 7:30 am this morning staring at the puddle hole - Hopefully they'll do something about it soon!

Agreed about the front door - It's almost always open!

On an unrelated note: Did anyone get a bill from Rogers? I thought that the cable/internet was supposed to be free for 6 months - They sent me a bill for $9. Hopefully it's just a calculation error on their end.

I've had a negative balance on my rogers bill for the past 2 months.

I'd like to know as well and the garbage chutes and mail delivery. Building has to be 90% occupied by now, final occupancies are this month.

How long does it take to get an email back from Tarion after you have submitted? It just says submitted on my page, don't see a cc to Vandyk or anything.

Does anyone know anything about the maintenance fees yet since the condo registered? All I know is what they were projected to be years ago.

Last edited:
i heard frm my lawyer, closing date is May 27th! anyone know if they will return our cheques?? I too have not received any notices from enbridge or enersouce...what do I do?

I'd like to know as well and the garbage chutes and mail delivery. Building has to be 90% occupied by now, final occupancies are this month.

How long does it take to get an email back from Tarion after you have submitted? It just says submitted on my page, don't see a cc to Vandyk or anything.

Does anyone know anything about the maintenance fees yet since the condo registered? All I know is what they were projected to be years ago.

If you look back some messages on this board my estimate beforehand was almost exactly the amount I pay in maintenance fees. So that should be sufficient for estimating.

i heard frm my lawyer, closing date is May 27th! anyone know if they will return our cheques?? I too have not received any notices from enbridge or enersouce...what do I do?

I don't think you need to do anything. I've been in the building for nearly 2 months, and still have not received anything from Enersource or Enbridge. I'm sure they will send a bill soon.

I'm also closing on the 27th as well. My laywer gave me some info to read up on and one thing mentioned was to contact the utilities company to set up a meter reading. So I called Enbridge and I'm getting a reading done tomorrow. I called enersource and they said it's bulk metered and I will need to contact the property management as it may be thru a 3rd party. I will text/call Victor today to find out. I suggest you all contact enbridge to set up your account and meter reading 1-877-362-7434.

In regards to the 30 day tarion, you have to send a copy to Vandyk. I sent it to James and cc: Kora. James replied back and said he will be in touch shortly to arrange a review.

I'm also closing on the 27th as well. My laywer gave me some info to read up on and one thing mentioned was to contact the utilities company to set up a meter reading. So I called Enbridge and I'm getting a reading done tomorrow. I called enersource and they said it's bulk metered and I will need to contact the property management as it may be thru a 3rd party. I will text/call Victor today to find out. I suggest you all contact enbridge to set up your account and meter reading 1-877-362-7434.

In regards to the 30 day tarion, you have to send a copy to Vandyk. I sent it to James and cc: Kora. James replied back and said he will be in touch shortly to arrange a review.

By submitting the online form Vandyk automatically gets CC'ed. I did nothing apart from the online form, and got a "30 day form accepted" notice. It says right on it "Copy to: Vandyk-Park 570 Ltd." with a bunch of other details.

Hmmm... guess I'll have to contact Enbridge - thanks for the advice. Please let me know what you find out regarding hydro.

That's odd about Enbridge...

When I moved in, I had no gas at all. I called Enbridge and they said Vandyk didn't send in meter readings which is required to activate service. So they should already have meter readings...It doesn't make sense to take readings months after moving in.

I also talked to Canada Post yesterday and they said they haven't seen anything for anyone from Enbridge or Enersource.

I'm just gonna wait it out :D If they want me to pay, I'm sure they'll get in contact with me

As for the Rogers bill, it should just say on the actual bill what the charge is for. I pay $11/month for unlimited internet..it may be a prorated version of that. Or something like long distance calls, etc.

Last edited:
I guess I will wait and see if my online form changes from submitted to accepted and then maybe send a copy to them.

Enersource bills bi-monthly and depending on the bill cycle, you may not receive a bill until sometime this month or next, since earliest occupancies were March. Not sure who you spoke to, but the building is not bulk metered, all new condos are individually metered. I know what my account # is.

I'm getting conflicting information about the enbridge/enersource from different reps. No meter reading is taking place. I email Vandyk directly and we'll see what they say. I still haven't heard back from Victor. I will keep you guys posted once I heard something.

I'm going with Asmegin's approach. If they want me to pay something, they can send a bill. I'm not gonna wait on hold with CSR's to give them money. If you want it, come and get it.

I inquired about the gym again - they're still waiting for the equipment supplier to do the "safety inspection" and waiting for TVs to go in. It's getting a bit ridiculous how long it's taking. Any idea if the gym will have set hours, or be open to residents 24 hours?

Has anyone went to the fourth floor to see the outside patio. The door is open and it's empty at the moment. I think it looks pretty decent.

Yeah, its not bad, they need some chairs up there though, like on the brochure.

I really hope the garbage chutes are operational soon, this is kind of ridiculous. I doubt everything is being properly separated in that big dumpster outside.

Back