Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

It’ll be called Line 7

I think they're actually going to be reusing the to-be decomissioned Scarborough RT's Line 3 designation.
Referencing this again, but there's probably a more recent confirmation.
Line Designation.PNG

Well, of course this "proves" it.
aYJNlDO.png

Attachments

• Line Designation.PNG
    Line Designation.PNG
    39.9 KB · Views: 541
"Future map" lmao.

Anyways how many times are we going to have this naming discussion? Lets schedule the next one for six weeks from today. Deal?
I think it might be because people joining the conversation aren't informed about previous discussions, resulting in veterans having to restate thing previously said (instead of linking to older posts because too lazy and my not be informative enough). This is exactly why each thread needs their own Table of Contents for important discussions from different times and to contain important information about the project(s) like status, news, cost, background info, documents, NUMBERS, NAMES, and COLOURS.

I think it might be because people joining the conversation aren't informed about previous discussions, resulting in veterans having to restate thing previously said (instead of linking to older posts because too lazy and my not be informative enough). This is exactly why each thread needs their own Table of Contents for important discussions from different times and to contain important information about the project(s) like status, news, cost, background info, documents, NUMBERS, NAMES, and COLOURS.
Dude, nothing personal, but could you please cut back on useless postings? Again, I'm sorry, but I feel you can't hold back the urge to respond to each and every post, and bring up un-important topics line line numbers and station names.

I find it unlikely that all stations will have dedicated bus terminals. And if any, only Lawrence and York Mills could each have one.

although I'm not sure what will actually terminate at Lawrence and/or York Mills. IMHO we should really save some money do without the bus bays.

although I'm not sure what will actually terminate at Lawrence and/or York Mills. IMHO we should really save some money do without the bus bays.
I specifically mention York Mills and Lawrence because they're the only two arterial east-west roads that could benefit from a bus loop/terminal. Science Centre (Eglinton) and Don Mills (Sheppard) already have bus terminals, while Cosburn Ave and Thorncliff Park Dr won't benefit much from having bus loops/terminals instead of on-street bus stops. But no, the bus terminals are definitely not necessary.

Assuming the governments had the money to sink into this project, what would be the quickest that they could build the line from Osgoode to Sheppard line?

I find it unlikely that all stations will have dedicated bus terminals. And if any, only Lawrence and York Mills could each have one.

I mention dedicated fare paid areas at all stations (doesn't have to be a huge bus terminal) because connectivity and surface route termination is what will set apart ridership on RLN. Almost every station in the system already does this, it wouldn't be too much to ask to do this at these two stations as well.

You can have bays in the middle of the street specifically for those routes. You could also split the route at Allen and Don Mills instead of at Yonge. This will shorten the length and allow for better headway accountability.

If you're going to build a subway line as important as this one, it has to be done right so that people choose to use it over say the Yonge Line or the Eglinton Line. You have to make people want to use the line.

I mention dedicated fare paid areas at all stations (doesn't have to be a huge bus terminal) because connectivity and surface route termination is what will set apart ridership on RLN. Almost every station in the system already does this, it wouldn't be too much to ask to do this at these two stations as well.

So you’re okay with on-street bus bays with barriered access to the station?

You can have bays in the middle of the street specifically for those routes. You could also split the route at Allen and Don Mills instead of at Yonge. This will shorten the length and allow for better headway accountability.

That’s an interesting idea, having routes split up as west, central, and east. But if the Relief Line North stops at Sheppard, would Steeles and Finch East buses terminate at Don Mills or at Yonge (assuming Yonge Line is already extended).

Back