Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

So you’re okay with on-street bus bays with barriered access to the station?
I'm less so in favour of that since it abolishes the concept of the "fare paid zone", which I would argue is the best aspect of the TTC. It also makes it more confusing for riders since they'll have to board their busses at different locations, even if it's the same route. It also doesn't enable for route shortturns/bus loops.

I think stations like Rosedale and Pape can be models for the DRL stations between Bloor and Eglinton. They'll have about 2-3 bus routes serving each of the three infill stations, maybe more at the one on Laird (that station will require a full bus terminal). There are 2-3 platforms for buses on the back side of the station entrance.

Bus terminals in fare paid areas are preferred by passengers because they can wait in a sheltered area for their bus, and don't have to waste as much time getting to the subway platform (by going through the barriers). They also reduce crowding at the barriers.

There are no issues between Eglinton and Sheppard because there are only 2 stations being built (Lawrence East and York Mills East), and both of those stations deserve bus terminals (since they have so many buses travelling by).

That’s an interesting idea, having routes split up as west, central, and east. But if the Relief Line North stops at Sheppard, would Steeles and Finch East buses terminate at Don Mills or at Yonge (assuming Yonge Line is already extended).

That's an interesting question, and ideally I'd want the Relief line to be extended to steeles, but for Finch and Steels, the only setup I can really see working is sending all buses into Don Mills Station. Here's what I mean:
Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 7.13.47 PM.png

Finch Central and Steeles Central (green and orange) would both continue to their respective stations on the TYSSE. Buses would travel a lot faster here than on Yonge because there are far fewer of them to worry about.

Now that I look at the map, there are a lot of barriers in place by building the line on Don Mills when compared to Victoria Park. So many roads (ie Huntingwood, etc) are cut off.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 7.13.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 7.13.47 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 385
That's what I was thinking too. Though since I don't know how their succession works was also thinking Queen Meghan Markle Line lol.
She would only become Queen if Willaim and all of his children aren't on the throne it's probably unlikely that she would ever be a Queen just like it would be for Harry (or Henry if you want to use his proper name) become King. The next person in line to the throne is Charles followed by Willaim then George then Charolettheirhen ther next child who will be followed by Harry.

Dude, nothing personal, but could you please cut back on useless postings? Again, I'm sorry, but I feel you can't hold back the urge to respond to each and every post, and bring up un-important topics line line numbers and station names.
...and not just that, but we need reliable sources and tweets are unreliable 90% of the time (even from verified accounts) per this source.

Once, there were several official tweets from differing accounts pertaining to future line numbers and colours (and were conflicting, despite being from verified accounts) and thus were unable to be included in Wikipedia.

I prefer proper documents.

Last edited:
That’s an interesting idea, having routes split up as west, central, and east. But if the Relief Line North stops at Sheppard, would Steeles and Finch East buses terminate at Don Mills or at Yonge (assuming Yonge Line is already extended).

There used to be a 139 Finch East bus that terminated at Don Mills Station. I don't recall if it went south via Don Mills or the 404, but it would be worth considering bringing it back. I think the majority of th 39 Finch East buses should continue to Finch Station.

There used to be a 139 Finch East bus that terminated at Don Mills Station. I don't recall if it went south via Don Mills or the 404, but it would be worth considering bringing it back. I think the majority of th 39 Finch East buses should continue to Finch Station.

With DRL long, I think it's fair having half go south to Don mills, and the other half going to Finch. Going south to Don Mills would be faster for the average commuter heading anywhere south of Dundas.

hallelujah...
Relief Line Subway Project Advancing

The City of Toronto and Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), in partnership with Metrolinx, jointly announce that Notice of Commencement and Public Meetings for the Transit Project Assessment Process (TPAP) for the Relief Line South subway project is being issued today.
The plans for the Relief Line will be presented for public comment at three upcoming public information centre meetings. Interested members of the public are encouraged to participate in the TPAP by attending one of these meetings to learn more and discuss the project with a member of the project team.

The Public Information Centres are:

• Monday, April 23, Calvary Church Toronto, 746 Pape Ave., 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
  • Saturday, April 28, St James Cathedral Centre, 65 Church St., 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
  • Monday, April 30, Morse Street Junior Public School, 180 Carlaw Ave. 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
As part of the TPAP, an Environmental Project Report is being prepared to assess the environmental impact of this transit project. This report documents the planning process involved and the details of the Relief Line South, including existing and future environmental conditions, evaluation process, details on the preferred alignment, station locations, construction methods, and impacts, mitigation and monitoring measures.

As part of the TPAP, the City of Toronto is sending letters to some property owners along the route to let them know that, based on the design work completed to-date, their property may be impacted by the Relief Line (South) project. The letters provide information about the project and the potential impacts to the specific property. It also provides information about how the recipients can obtain more information about the potential impacts and next steps in the process. Letters will be going out today.

Staff from the City of Toronto Real Estate division will attend the April 23, 28 and 30, public information centres and be available to speak with any recipient of a letter to discuss the potential impacts.

The Relief Line South is a future rapid transit line that will provide transit riders with more travel options by connecting downtown Toronto to Pape Station on the Line 2 Bloor-Danforth Subway. It will assist in relieving crowding on the Line 1 Yonge Subway line south of Bloor, at the Bloor-Yonge interchange station, and on the surface transit routes coming in and out of downtown.

Toronto City Council approved the alignment and stations locations for the Relief Line at its meeting on May 24, 2017, which authorized commencing the Transit Project Assessment Process (TPAP), and authorized advancing preliminary design (15-30%) with a report back on Class 3 cost estimates in the fourth quarter of 2019.

Line%20and%20dots.png

At its meeting on May 24, 2017, City Council approved the Relief Line South alignment and stations locations, authorized commencing the Transit Project Assessment Process (TPAP), and authorized advancing preliminary design (15-30%) with a report back on Class 3 cost estimates in Q4 2019 (EX25.1, Advancing Planning and Design for the Relief Line South and Yonge Subway Extension). The TPAP Notice of Commencement is being issued today.

Click here to read the Notice of Commencement

Consultation
Public comments can be submitted by mail, email and online via the project website. Details of upcoming public meetings are below.

Monday, April 23, 2018
Calvary Church Toronto
746 Pape Avenue
6:30pm – 8:30pm

Saturday, April 28, 2018
St James Cathedral Centre
65 Church Street
9:30am – 11:30am

Monday, April 30, 2018
Morse Street Junior Public School
180 Carlaw Avenue
6:30pm – 8:30pm

The same information on the Relief Line South will be available at all meetings, so you can choose the location convenient for you. Meetings are barrier free. Contact us if you require other accessibility accommodations.

If you have project-related questions, would like to obtain/access documents prepared by the proponent, or provide input at any time, please visit www.reliefline.ca or contact:

Paul Martin
Senior Public Consultation Co-ordinator
City of Toronto
100 Queen Street West, 20th Floor, East Tower
Toronto, ON M5H 2N2
Tel: 416-338-1065
Email: reliefline@toronto.ca

The Project
The City of Toronto, Toronto Transit Commission and Metrolinx, an agency of the Province of Ontario, are working collaboratively to plan major projects aimed at improving the overall transit network and bringing more transit to communities across the city. We are looking to achieve this through the introduction of the Relief Line South, a proposed new subway line.

The proposed Relief Line South, which is a 7.5km long subway line with 8 stations, will connect the Yonge-University-Spadina Subway (Line 1) downtown to the Bloor-Danforth Subway (Line 2). The Relief Line South will help to relieve crowding on Line 1 south of Bloor, at the Bloor-Yonge Station, and on the surface transit routes coming in and out of downtown.
TPAP_Notice_RLS_v02-01.png
Here's our favourite topic: Moss Park Station is the name of the station at Queen and Sherbourne. Not bad to be honest.

Another question. Is there a specific name for a 4-way grade-separated rail junction/interchange (potentially at Pape)? However, the border of the "Study Area" looks more like a 3-way interchange from the North or East/West instead of south (it's also phallic).

Attachments

• TPAP_Notice_RLS_v02-01.png
    TPAP_Notice_RLS_v02-01.png
    346.4 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:
Here's our favourite topic: Moss Park Station is the name of the station at Queen and Sherbourne. Not bad to be honest.
Dont worry, the commission and city council will probably come up with some joint ridiculous proposal to rename the station just like they did with Pioneer Village. The better question we should be asking ourselves is: "What ludicrous name will they come up with next?"

Dont worry, the commission and city council will probably come up with some joint ridiculous proposal to rename the station just like they did with Pioneer Village. The better question we should be asking ourselves is: "What ludicrous name will they come up with next?"
Moss Park Armoury and Arena
Sherbourne Street​

How about St Lawrence Market Station? I know it’s nowhere near the market, but if it worked for Pioneer Village...

I'm sure that name's being reserved for an eventual SmartTrack/GO RER station where the rail corridor crosses Jarvis / Sherbourne just south of the actual Market.

Back