305     0 
News   Nov 18, 2019
 1.4K     5 

Ontario Cannabis Store (OCS)

PinkLucy

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
I wouldn't have an issue lowering the drinking age to 18 in Ontario, especially with students generally going to university younger (now that there's no Grade 13). Being able to purchase alcohol from someone trained in Smart Serve is generally safer than binge drinking back at the frat house or some other unsupervised private space.
It was 18 when I was 18 (I just dated myself). We survived.

Thanos

Member Bio
Reaction score
Even though QC is more against legal weed than ON, they sure seem to be liberalizing its sales.
In what way? QC has setup their operation similar to ON. The SAQ will open a subsidiary by the name of Societe Quebecoise du Cannabis. They will be the sole authorized retailer. Also, the SQC has signed agreements with 6 big suppliers. Whereas OCS is opening it to any and all suppliers. Much better arrangement in ON then QC.

Filip

Member Bio
Reaction score
In what way? QC has setup their operation similar to ON. The SAQ will open a subsidiary by the name of Societe Quebecoise du Cannabis. They will be the sole authorized retailer. Also, the SQC has signed agreements with 6 big suppliers. Whereas OCS is opening it to any and all suppliers. Much better arrangement in ON then QC.
I must not have been following what's going on in QC. Last I heard they were looking to follow the BC model of legalizing and regulating dispensaries. If this has changed, I wasn't aware.

Too bad, the BC model is by far the most libertarian.

SunriseChampion

Member Bio
Reaction score
We did actually.
Really? I must have missed the fact of their existence at Carleton circa 2003, because I don't remember anything of the sort.