One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

hey all!!!
I'm on the 32nd floor!!!
I got a move in date for jan 13 

I'm on the 29th floor and received the same date as you. It's not a 'move in' date it's a 'tentative final' date. It's most likely the date will change again but the next date they provide has to be the 'final' date.

How much do people generally need to budget for a Lawyer for the closing of a condo? Does anyone have a recommendation for an inexpensive lawyer in the Etoblcoke/Mississauga area?

I paid $1149 +HST...this included everything (all disbursements, searches, title insurance...). I only had a final closing - no occupancy closing so I don't know if that price would have changed. If you're on a higher floor you may find that you'll only have a final closing as well. My lawyer is in the Mississauga area - pm me if you'd like the details. :)

I paid $1149 +HST...this included everything (all disbursements, searches, title insurance...). I only had a final closing - no occupancy closing so I don't know if that price would have changed. If you're on a higher floor you may find that you'll only have a final closing as well. My lawyer is in the Mississauga area - pm me if you'd like the details. :)

What floor did you buy on? I'm on the 25th in thunderbird so i was just wondering how high up did you have to be. Thanks!

What floor did you buy on? I'm on the 25th in thunderbird so i was just wondering how high up did you have to be. Thanks!

I'm actually on a lower floor. My suite is one of those that had the exterior elevator (hoist?) on the outside during construction which they apparently finish last. According to people in the sales office phase 1 was registered by the time they got to the 21st floor so who knows maybe Thunderbird will get registered before your occupancy. Or you'll have a really short "phantom mortgage"!!

I'm actually on a lower floor. My suite is one of those that had the exterior elevator (hoist?) on the outside during construction which they apparently finish last. According to people in the sales office phase 1 was registered by the time they got to the 21st floor so who knows maybe Thunderbird will get registered before your occupancy. Or you'll have a really short "phantom mortgage"!!

Well that would be awesome if that were the case! Thanks for the response! Hope your enjoying life at One Valhalla!

Did anyone receive an email from Edilcan? I got an email telling me what they called "FIRM OCCUPANCY DATE" The date has been extended about 2 months away from the first Firm Occupancy Date. The date actually means nothing because the letter says this date could be further changed. I know there would be delay but I don't expect 2 months away.

another thing is email signature has Edilcan's website, but it's not linked to its website.
i went and checked Edilcan's website still has nothing except the page with contact info.
From the time I visited the sales office about 2 years ago, the site still remains the same. no content.
What a shame.

Did anyone receive an email from Edilcan? I got an email telling me what they called "FIRM OCCUPANCY DATE" The date has been extended about 2 months away from the first Firm Occupancy Date. The date actually means nothing because the letter says this date could be further changed. I know there would be delay but I don't expect 2 months away.

Are you sure the previous letter you received said 'Firm Occupancy Date'? I received a letter yesterday as well which gave me the 'Firm Occupancy Date' of March 18th. This is a little over two months from my previous date of January 13th. When I was given the January 13th date it was called a 'Final Tentative Date' so I assumed it was going to move.

According to Tarion a 'Firm Occupancy Date' is: "The date that you and your builder agreed your condominium unit will be completed and ready for you to move in. If this date is not met, your builder must set a Delayed Occupancy Date and you are entitled to delayed occupancy compensation."

Based on what I have read the only way the date can now move is due to an 'Unavoidable Delay'. This is defined by Tarion as: "An extraordinary circumstance where an Occupancy Date may need to be delayed through no fault of the builder or purchaser. This may be a strike, fire, explosion, ‘act of God’, civil insurrection, act of war or terrorism, or a pandemic. If such a delay occurs, your builder is permitted to extend all deadlines by up to the length of the unavoidable delay period without paying you delayed occupancy compensation. Your builder must inform you at the outset of the delay, provide an estimate of how long it will last and give you written notice as soon as the delay has ended."

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone needs help with design/furniture layout ideas for their Valhalla unit I would like to recommend the company Living Matrix Designs. They do designs on a budget. Prices range from $79 for one room to $279 for a full 2 bedroom unit & den.

You can see some of their designs on their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/livingmatrixdesigns

I used them to design the layout/colour scheme for all the rooms in my Thunderbird unit (Style 2c).

Here is the design that they came up with for my main living area (It's a 3d model of the room in .mov format):
http://www.filedropper.com/livingroom2c

I'm pretty sure once my unit is completed most of these design ideas will be used. This was a big help with my decisions on what furniture I could/could not buy. There was one couch I really wanted but after going through this process I realized that it was too big for the space so I purchased the loveseat model of the same couch.

All you need to do is send them the floorplan and/or photos of your unit and fill out a questionnaire which lets them know what you are looking for (colours, style, etc.). Then within two business days you will receive a 3d model of your room(s) as well as a list of the items that were placed in your unit and where you can buy them. If you already have furniture you can let them know about your specific pieces so they can be incorporated into the design.

If you have any questions about my experience with them feel free to send me a message. ;)

conditions

Are you sure the previous letter you received said 'Firm Occupancy Date'? I received a letter yesterday as well which gave me the 'Firm Occupancy Date' of March 18th. This is a little over two months from my previous date of January 13th. When I was given the January 13th date it was called a 'Final Tentative Date' so I assumed it was going to move. "

Thanks for your answer. I checked my first letter and the date is just the Final Tentative Date, not the firm Occupancy Date. Anything can change. After your respond, i go to find out little bit more informaiton. Tarion actually give the builder so much advantages. Now i'm informed about 65 days in advance, builder can extend that Firm Occupancy Date up to 120 days. If I'm informed 30 days in advance of the new occupancy day, they have rights to extend up to 15 days without any compensation. So, nothing is firmed until the really last minute.

Thanks for your answer. I checked my first letter and the date is just the Final Tentative Date, not the firm Occupancy Date. Anything can change. After your respond, i go to find out little bit more informaiton. Tarion actually give the builder so much advantages. Now i'm informed about 65 days in advance, builder can extend that Firm Occupancy Date up to 120 days. If I'm informed 30 days in advance of the new occupancy day, they have rights to extend up to 15 days without any compensation. So, nothing is firmed until the really last minute.

Don't be too alarmed that the Firm Occupancy Date is later than the Final Tentative Occupancy Date. Everyone in the building was given the same Final Tentative Occupancy Date - January 13, 2013. Of course, we can't all occupy on the same date. So, the Firm Occupancy Date accounts for the fact that each floor moved in on a different date. Your Occupancy Date can also be later if your unit is one of the ones where the construction elevator is because these units are finished last. What this means is it may not be a construction delay.

Those were the old guidelines that apply to any agreements that were signed before July 1, 2008. New guidelines came into effect for all new agreements entered into after July 1, 2008 and seeing as they didn't start selling this project until 2010, all agreements fall under the new guidelines.

Those were the old guidelines that apply to any agreements that were signed before July 1, 2008. New guidelines came into effect for all new agreements entered into after July 1, 2008 and seeing as they didn't start selling this project until 2010, all agreements fall under the new guidelines.

Thanks, I checked again. Yes, there's a new guideline in place for any purchases after 2008. Good news for us.

Hi, I have received a similar letter defining March 20th as the Firm Occupancy Date. This is for a unit on the 31st floor. What floors are your Units on with the corresponding Firm Occupancy Dates? Thanks

Last edited:

Back