News   Jul 23, 2024
 116     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 255     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 875     1 

November 2020 US Election

It depends who’s running Congress on the January 20th changeover. The new House and Senate takes its seat in early January. If it’s a Dem Congress we can expect the gendarmes to chuck out Trump. A split Congress.... I’m not sure.

It depends who’s running Congress on the January 20th changeover. The new House and Senate takes its seat in early January. If it’s a Dem Congress we can expect the gendarmes to chuck out Trump. A split Congress.... I’m not sure.

I'm fully expecting tanks and special forces to oust Trump

Meanwhile from our good friends at Fake NewsTO...

BlogTO: Buffalo and Atlanta don't exist. The video mentions nothing about Buffalo nor Atlanta. Therefore, the TTC is inferior.
YouTube comments on the Vox video about Why American public transit is so bad: The TTC is the worst public transit system in North America, hands down! The Buffalo MetroRail and Atlanta's MARTA are purely fictional. They're not in the video because if either system were real, Vox would've mentioned them in its video.
Urban geographers: Toronto has among the best public transit systems in North America and Buffalo and Atlanta could learn from Toronto. The fact that the MARTA heavy-rail system is roughly cross-shaped with the centre being in downtown Atlanta strongly supports Vox's claims that public transit systems in the United States tend to focus on suburb-to-downtown routes and ignore suburb-to-suburb routes despite Vox not mentioning the MARTA.

Last edited:
BlogTO: Buffalo and Atlanta don't exist. The video mentions nothing about Buffalo nor Atlanta. Therefore, the TTC is inferior.
YouTube comments on the Vox video about Why American public transit is so bad: The TTC is the worst public transit system in North America, hands down! The Buffalo MetroRail and Atlanta's MARTA are purely fictional. They're not in the video because if either system were real, Vox would've mentioned them in its video.
Urban geographers: Toronto has among the best public transit systems in North America and Buffalo and Atlanta could learn from Toronto. The fact that the MARTA heavy-rail system is roughly cross-shaped with the centre being in downtown Atlanta strongly supports Vox's claims that public transit systems in the United States tend to focus on suburb-to-downtown routes and ignore suburb-to-suburb routes despite Vox not mentioning the MARTA.
I’m lost, how is this related to the November election?

I’m lost, how is this related to the November election?
The gist of what I have said is that public transit funding is key, especially from the federal government, and Buffalo and Atlanta can learn from Toronto (and have better transit funding of course, especially given that both Buffalo and Atlanta have potential).

The gist of what I have said is that public transit funding is key, especially from the federal government, and Buffalo and Atlanta can learn from Toronto (and have better transit funding of course, especially given that both Buffalo and Atlanta have potential).
Okay, but what’s that got to do with the November election?

Rosie D had a column today in the Star, that for some reason I actually read.

It was a profile of sorts of Lordstown, OH

A none-too-flattering view of a town that is shrinking, down-on-its-luck, lost its GM Plant and still seems likely to vote Trump by a material margin.

A component of the column examines the casual, not so subtle racism of several townsfolk.

Toronto is mentioned...
Not only Toronto, but a founding member of this forum.

Honestly, everyone should tweet the sh*t out of them. A complete diservice to this city.

I know we don’t want to jinx it, but I’m feeling that there’s a blue tsunami coming.

“A slew of political fundamentals—fundraising, explosive early-vote numbers, late-spending decisions, candidate travel, surging downballot Democrats, the Republican rush to confirm a new Supreme Court justice, and the ugly fact that Trump is dueling with George H. W. Bush for the title of most unpopular incumbent since World War II—point to what’s coming. If the polls are correct, the president is about to get schlonged, bigly.”

I still think Trump is going to win. Same polls predicted a Clinton win in 2016. I hope to hell i'm wrong.

Yeah, I'm taking the pragmatically pessimistic approach to this election. The overall situation feels about 50:50 right now. Trump will always have his base, and the build up in the past month or so has swung momentum in his favour.

Most of my immediate family are actually Americans, although mostly clustered in the Democrat areas of NYC and Philly. One cousin has branched outward to Seattle. And one grouping in Georgia. While there's some extended family and friends of family in Houston, Boston, and Cali. What I've learned through the years is that when dealing with the Yanks, always think in terms of Murphy's Law.

Back