News   Aug 07, 2024
 1K     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

The Star's Jacob Lorinc is live Tweeting:

From the above:

1644679513245.png

1644679544605.png

1644679607414.png

It took them a court injunction and a state of emergency to do what they should have been doing without further encouragement in the first place.

Just the injunction.

LOL

The State of Emergency, last I heard, hasn't actually been enacted yet. The cabinet meeting required was pushed to this morning.

Just the injunction.

LOL

The State of Emergency, last I heard, hasn't actually been enacted yet. The cabinet meeting required was pushed to this morning.
Or tl,dr: We don't want to go too fast as these might be our voter base! /sigh

Nothing good is served by media using terms they can't support. The reporter is using the term "sniper" - can he support that? I'm watching CBCNN and the shot I saw looks like a camera on a tripod; likely spotters or video unit taking advantage of height and perspective. The TV reporter did use the term earlier but quickly qualified it, but is still using the term 'military' or 'military-style' uniform to describe some members. It serves little purpose. Some of the protesters are wearing camo clothing - does that make them military?

I do understand that in live reporting you use the words that come into your head, but caution is needed.

No doubt all police services involved are well aware of the heat taken by the TPS after G8/G20.

Nothing good is served by media using terms they can't support. The reporter is using the term "sniper" - can he support that? I'm watching CBCNN and the shot I saw looks like a camera on a tripod; likely spotters or video unit taking advantage of height and perspective. The TV reporter did use the term earlier but quickly qualified it, but is still using the term 'military' or 'military-style' uniform to describe some members. It serves little purpose. Some of the protesters are wearing camo clothing - does that make them military?

I do understand that in live reporting you use the words that come into your head, but caution is needed.

No doubt all police services involved are well aware of the heat taken by the TPS after G8/G20.

I concur w/the need for accuracy.

I simply reported what was being stated; no photo evidence of a sniper was shown that I saw.

Back