News   Apr 24, 2024
 636     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 833     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 550     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Love the Beaverton...

I might have three kids going back to the classroom. Thankfully, the oldest is fully vaccinated and middle kid can at least get her first shot this month.
Mine's well enough under 12 not to be able until phase 3 trials are done and Health Canada gives approval. But the flip side is the isolation and distance learning has already lead to serious enough regression that it's already affected her scholastic future. For some parents, the choice to send kids back is a double-edged sword, and for the most part the province has done nothing but half-assed, cheap and last-minute measures. Even what was announced yesterday falls short yet again.

Those suggesting kids aren't really affected haven't been paying attention to how this virus is mutating.

Last edited:
Surprisingly, to me anyway, low...

Ontario is reporting 139 cases of #COVID19 and over 17,100 tests completed.
I think we're probably seeing burnout of unvaccinated in some rural areas, combined with increasing vaccinated numbers.

Ontario is reporting 213 cases of #COVID19 and nearly 23,500 tests completed.

0.9% positivity. ICU is flat at 110.

But excuse me while I throw something as the province continues to willfully mis-report statistics.

From today's report, the section on deaths below:

1628175612998.png

So there were really 2 new Covid-related deaths, but they reported 14.

SMH.

But excuse me while I throw something as the province continues to willfully mis-report statistics.

View attachment 339514

SMH.
Deaths are a bit different than active cases though. Especially considering we're counting deaths "with Covid-19" rather than deaths "from SARS-COV-2". I can imaging rural coroners being too overwhelmed during that time period to get blood samples out in a timely manner, etc.

Deaths are a bit different than active cases though. Especially considering we're counting deaths "with Covid-19" rather than deaths "from SARS-COV-2". I can imaging rural coroners being too overwhelmed during that time period to get blood samples out in a timely manner, etc.

Right, but the correct way to handle any late results statistically is either to re-state the incorrect data, on its original day, or to apply an * in the notes to show the discrepancy.

Reporting the numbers on the wrong day changes trendlines and forecasts and messes the data stream up badly.

View attachment 339514

SMH.
Yes, their statistics are TERRIBLY misleading the way they deal with the inevitable data-cleanups.

Back