News   Aug 08, 2024
 553     0 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 1.1K     3 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 497     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Well If I was in Alberta or in Quebec if would not trust a unitary model of govt to protect the special interest of their provinces.

In a shocking admission during his Tulsa, Oklahoma, rally on Saturday night, President Donald Trump said he had told officials in his administration to slow down coronavirus testing because of the rising number of cases in America, and used a racist term to describe the coronavirus.

"You know testing is a double-edged sword," Trump said while complaining about press coverage of his handling of the virus. Claiming the US has now tested some 25 million people, he added: "Here's the bad part ... when you do testing to that extent, you're going to find more people; you're going to find more cases. So I said to my people, slow the testing down please."

It was a stunning revelation given that nearly 120,000 people have died in the United States from the coronavirus and medical experts have long said that testing is critical to identifying cases, tracing them and stopping the spread of the virus.

More young people across the South are testing positive for coronavirus, officials warn

Sun June 21, 2020

Officials in states across the South are warning more young people are testing positive for coronavirus.

The shifts in demographics have been recorded in parts of Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Texas and other states -- many of which were some of the first to reopen.

And while some officials have pointed to more widespread testing being done, others say the new cases stem from Americans failing to social distance.

In Mississippi, where one health officer called adherence to social distancing over the past weeks "overwhelmingly disappointing," officials attributed clusters of new cases to fraternity rush parties.

----------
According to data from Johns Hopkins University, at least 23 states are trending upward in new cases compared to last week. Ten of those states reported more than a 50% jump -- including Texas and Florida, which were some of the first states to begin reopening.

Toronto mayor 'very optimistic' city will move to Stage 2 this week

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Mayor John Tory says he is "very optimistic" that Toronto will be given the green light to move to the second stage of the province's reopening plan this week.

Speaking to CP24 on Sunday, Tory said it appears the city is "achingly close" to being able to reopen additional businesses, including restaurant patios and hair salons.

"I think it is going to happen this week. That's my own prediction and it is not based on an inside secret," he said.

"I just think the numbers have headed strongly in the right direction consistently now for two weeks and so I think everybody now is going to be in agreement that it is time."

I was not referring to re-writing the constitution or centralizing healthcare; however, a pandemic (and they certainly could come in more severe forms than COVID-19) is a national security issue that demands coordinated Federal action.

Infact, even evoking constitutional issues to hide behind is a total cop out and a stunning abdication of responsibility and leadership.

If we are so rigid in our behaviour at the cost of lives and dire economic consequences than what does that say about us versus dogmatic enablers of political systems and movements around the world?

Trinity Bellwoods Part II, dance party at Cherry Beach yesterday:

There goes Tory's plan to transition to Phase 2.

It would have to be delayed by a week.

Why can't they party in Canada's Wonderland parking lots? There's plenty of space and is one short bus ride from the subway.

I was not referring to re-writing the constitution or centralizing healthcare; however, a pandemic (and they certainly could come in more severe forms than COVID-19) is a national security issue that demands coordinated Federal action.

Infact, even evoking constitutional issues to hide behind is a total cop out and a stunning abdication of responsibility and leadership.

If we are so rigid in our behaviour at the cost of lives and dire economic consequences than what does that say about us versus dogmatic enablers of political systems and movements around the world?
Nothing? We have provincial governments that we can hold accountable on health care and I feel that Canadians across the country are empowered to do exactly that. The pandemic has impacted different provinces quite differently, so the decentralized response provided by the varying provincial governments has allowed more localized actions than what otherwise would take place with Ottawa calling the shots.

What sort of leadership and coordinated actions are you hoping for the Federal government to provide in a pandemic that is different from what we have seen?

If you want to hold someone responsible, shouldn't it be the provincial leadership you are criticizing first? They are literally be the ones empowered to act and are closest to the problem at hand - the Feds know nothing, and have no hold on the LTCs/CHSLDs, the provinces does. That's literally their responsibility - constitutionally speaking. If the province ignored the countless complaints, stonewalled and denied that there is a problem, got caught with their pants down and then belatedly asked CF to provide relief (which the Feds had offered), that's on them, not the Feds. They have the legislative tools to take over LTCs - they chose not to use it until after the poop hits the fan. That's their problem.

AoD

Last edited:
Trinity Bellwoods Part II, dance party at Cherry Beach yesterday:

And.........

And.......

The genie isn't going back in the bottle. Social distancing has been dying for weeks and may be already dead. These are only the highly visible events. Smaller examples are going on all over thousands of times a day everywhere in the GTA. People don't buy it anymore for whatever reason. Perhaps they think they will get it no matter what and don't see a marginal risk, or they think the healthcare system can't really do anything to help them even if they got it. I don't know. The "shock and disbelief" is getting annoying though.

Last edited:

Back