News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Alberta to donate their surplus hospital beds and PPE to Ontario, Quebec and BC:

Alberta to donate their surplus hospital beds and PPE to Ontario, Quebec and BC:

Might be Kenney's first smart play.

* based on current projections; the PPE would be the main thing here in Ontario.

Probably wouldn't surprise you that I went to he LCBO and bought a case worth of stuff a while back to make sure I had the correct pairings for the correct meals!

If one must sacrifice, one should do so in style if at all possible! LOL
I just enjoyed a lovely Chateau de Bourgogne cheese ... delivered!

Far too many people appear to still be going about their normal routines, except now they have to line up.
I watched the footage of BC ferries loading up with holiday goers and thought to myself, why hasn’t their Premier shutdown the ferries to all but medical/essential traffic?

I came across the video below of downtown Toronto, and on the description it says it was filmed on April 9, 2020. Quite a few out and about it seems.

The GTA seems way too busy during this lockdown. Other cities across the world are taking this way more seriously than us in Toronto.

Yep. I've been home for over a month. I went out twice. But my neighbours head our several times a day. I look outside I see cars everywhere and people walking/jogging. This isn't a real lockdown. And if it isn't, open up the economy. take care of the vulnerable, step up the testing and lets keep the economy from cratering because that's where we're headed.

I watched the footage of BC ferries loading up with holiday goers and thought to myself, why hasn’t their Premier shutdown the ferries to all but medical/essential traffic?

Because BC has the flattest curve, its basically done; because they've always understood the science and promoted it.

The risk of outdoor transmission is low, very low; not zero, but very low.

As per CDC published, peer-reviewed research that I've already posted here.

They understand that a total lockdown was neither necessary, nor useful.

It was always about encouraging responsible behavior, with extreme protection of the vulnerable and quarantining those with active infections.

Their strategy is working better than Ontario's or Quebec's.

That's why.

Far too many people appear to still be going about their normal routines, except now they have to line up.

Lets recognize how vast the 'essential workforce' is.......its somewhere close to 1/3 of the workforce, before factoring in those who aren't essential but are working legally from home.

Add that to how challenging it is to get all your groceries in one place, with supply chain issues; and the discouragement to use transit; and what you see is relatively more car traffic and longer lineups in stores (though much of that is a factor of reduced store hours and capacity).

Bit of an illusion.

Yep. I've been home for over a month. I went out twice. But my neighbours head our several times a day. I look outside I see cars everywhere and people walking/jogging. This isn't a real lockdown. And if it isn't, open up the economy. take care of the vulnerable, step up the testing and lets keep the economy from cratering because that's where we're headed.
Ontario has a stay-at-home order since March 24, just like most American states:

Ontario Stay-at-home Order.png

It's just not strictly enforced.

I’m speaking more about people running out to shop every day rather than once a week or so. Or going to every take out place in town.

My biggest annoyance is people walking up from behind me on the sidewalk. I can control my spacing when I‘m walking towards you or if I see you coming, but it’s on you if you’re adamant on passing others from behind. I feel like I need a 14 ft hula hoop around me (6ft clearance in all direction, including 2ft diameter for my girth).

Yuya-Yamada---Largest-Hula-Hoop-Spun-08_tcm25-537275.jpg

Why is South Korea beating coronavirus? Its citizens hold the state to account

South Korea is one of the few countries that has succeeded in flattening the coronavirus curve. Its policy of testing, tracing and treating without lockdowns has been widely lauded. Some attribute this to South Korea’s experience of having dealt with previous epidemics such as Sars and Mers. Commentators in the US tend to stress the country’s effective leadership, contrasting it with that of Donald Trump’s. Others point to cultural factors, such as the willingness of the public to sacrifice privacy for the greater good.

What is often overlooked, though, is that at the roots of South Korea’s success against Covid-19 are a well-funded and efficient system of delivering public services. Without this baseline infrastructure, the policy of test, trace and treat could not have been sustained or expanded to the degree that it has. Likewise, effective leadership cannot achieve much if it lacks a well-oiled public service system that can deliver.

Back