News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

One of the best reports yet, very small upward bump in hospitalizations, both # of people in ICU and on Vents is down.

New cases number is one of the lower growth numbers we've seen, but still not flat; though testing was very low yesterday (3,648).........again.

Cases up 6.6% ( 411 cases) (growth rate is slowing)

Hospitalizations up 2.7% (18 new cases)

ICU down 1.2% ( - 3 cases)

Vents down 0.1% (- 2 cases)

Resolved has reached 43%

31 deaths yesterday.

Last edited:
China must explain how they can blame Africans for infecting them with Coronavirus when the virus originated from Wuhan,China.

I’m kinda settled into the routine now. I went to work and pillaged my desk of the external monitor, keyboard, etc., and with some ikea metal legs and table top made myself a home office in a spare bedroom overlooking the street.

I spend my mornings with a big mug of black coffee and read the newspapers on the iPad on the front porch (or back patio if the morning sun is warm). I then hit the work projects for 4-5 hours, secluding myself in my new home office. Around 1pm my kids wake up and start their school work, and then at 5pm we BBQ something. Once it’s getting dark and the crowds are gone we walk the dog. Then it’s back on front porch with glass of wine and my book. Then repeat and repeat....

China must explain how they can blame Africans for infecting them with Coronavirus when the virus originated from Wuhan,China.
They believe whatever they’re told to believe, any that do not comply are removed or re-educated Orwellian-style. To be a Chinese citizen is akin to living in the Matrix. When I visited Taiwan in 2018 I saw a whole other way for Chinese to live, with regular media, democratic governance, okay health care, less corruption, etc. It’s no wonder Taiwan quickly got Covid19 under control.

When this whole thing is over I hope the world demands that China close the wet markets and permanently discourage the eating of wild life. The latter is important, since you must reduce the demand before the supply. I’ve been to China five times, last to Shanghai and Shenzhen in 2018... they have supermarkets and Costco, just the same as us. Only the well connected and rich patronize the wet markets - it’s not a poverty or necessity thing. There’s no reason to be eating bats, or slaughtering rhinos for boner pills for that matter.

Last edited:
I’m kinda settled into the routine now. I went to work and pillaged my desk of the external monitor, keyboard, etc., and with some ikea metal legs and table top made myself a home office in a spare bedroom overlooking the street.

I spend my mornings with a big mug of black coffee and read the newspapers on the iPad on the front porch (or back patio if the morning sun is warm). I then hit the work projects for 4-5 hours, secluding myself in my new home office. Around 1pm my kids wake up and start their school work, and then at 5pm we BBQ something. Once it’s getting dark and the crowds are gone we walk the dog. Then it’s back on front porch with glass of wine and my book. Then repeat and repeat....

During this shutdown i learned how to cook Indian cuisine. My boyfriend and I are both out of work, we got lots of time on our hands. Lucky for me my boyfriend is a fantastic cook. He has been showing me how to cook traditional Indian curries and other weird dishes i never heard of. These recipes are passed on from his grandparents and are absolutely delicious and nothing like you get in the restaurants. So now we got enough food in the freezer to last a month or so. We also cook a lot of food for his elderly relatives in Brampton. So that's been keeping us some what busy. i plan on putting a veggie garden in the backyard when the weather gets a little nicer.

I find cooking is a good stress reliever.

I've always cooked, we seldom go to restaurants. But with little else to do these days and being home all the time, that also means eating!

Ontario premier says transit drivers, grocery clerks may be soon eligible for free childcare

Ontario purchases $90M in medical supplies from converted local producers

Vatican City has one of the highest per capita (cases/1 M pop.) at 9,988 (actually only 8 cases).

USA has 525,559 cases (1,588 per 1M), Spain 161,852 (3,462 per 1M), China 81,953 (57 per 1M), with Canada at 23,195 (615 per 1M).

From https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/.

During this shutdown i learned how to cook Indian cuisine. My boyfriend and I are both out of work, we got lots of time on our hands. Lucky for me my boyfriend is a fantastic cook. He has been showing me how to cook traditional Indian curries and other weird dishes i never heard of. These recipes are passed on from his grandparents and are absolutely delicious and nothing like you get in the restaurants. So now we got enough food in the freezer to last a month or so. We also cook a lot of food for his elderly relatives in Brampton. So that's been keeping us some what busy. i plan on putting a veggie garden in the backyard when the weather gets a little nicer.

I find cooking is a good stress reliever.

I've always enjoyed cooking, from my teens anyway...which was a while ago........

I've been doing my usual suspects, batch cooking some Bolognese last night; and Chipotle-Mint Pork Meatballs in a Fire-Roasted tomato sauce earlier in the week.

But also taking time for some experiments and old favs..............'Masala Hash'........is one of my 'inventions'....for a freeze meal........Scratch made yellow-curry sauce w/curry powder, garamasala, fresh ginger, hot chillies, lime zest, lime juice, seared-off ground pork, loads more spices, 1 can of tomatoes (hand-squeeze them), and some pork stock; then drop enough basmati rice in to absorb all the liquid, so it becomes rice-casserole like.

An old fav, was pommes anna. https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/mini-herbed-pommes-anna

These countries are reopening -- here's how they're doing it

Updated 7:20 AM ET, Sat April 11, 2020

People in the Czech Republic can now shop at hardware and bicycle stores, play tennis and go swimming. Austria plans to reopen smaller shops after Easter. Denmark will reopen kindergartens and schools from next week if coronavirus cases remain stable, and children in Norway will return to kindergarten a week later.

These nations are the first in the West to start feeling their way gradually out of the limits on daily life imposed by governments to curb the spread of the coronavirus.
Others will want to see what lessons can be learned as they too eye an exit route from lockdown amid growing social and economic pressures at home.

Who else but @Northern Light would have Chipotle-Mint Pork Meatballs in a fire-roasted tomato sauce as quaranfood :cool:

Probably wouldn't surprise you that I went to he LCBO and bought a case worth of stuff a while back to make sure I had the correct pairings for the correct meals!

If one must sacrifice, one should do so in style if at all possible! LOL

Back