News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Wash fabric reusable shopping bags (along with the clothes) in the laundry, to kill the virus.

See link.

Use plastic bags and throw them out as soon as you get home. Reusable bags have been banned at a lot of major grocery stores.

Many stores let you pack them yourself. Or you can put your purchases back in the cart and pack it into your own bags outside of the store. I'm not giving up on my commitment to the environment because of a pandemic.

Many stores let you pack them yourself. Or you can put your purchases back in the cart and pack it into your own bags outside of the store. I'm not giving up on my commitment to the environment because of a pandemic.

The Loblaws i was at wouldn't let people in the store with reusable bags. Plastic bags are free at all stores now.

There was a putrid scent of death today somewhere around Spadina and Queen. I flagged down a police car to let them know and they said they had already received several calls and were trying to locate it. I still can’t believe we’re living through this nightmare but there are going to be a number of discovered bodies from people who died alone in their homes. ?

There was a putrid scent of death today somewhere around Spadina and Queen. I flagged down a police car to let them know and they said they had already received several calls and were trying to locate it. I still can’t believe we’re living through this nightmare but there are going to be a number of discovered bodies from people who died alone in their homes. ?
The number of unreported deaths from COVID-19 is larger than we want to believe.

Most reports are of in-hospital deaths, not in-home deaths. France just recently added about 800 deaths by including deaths that happened in nursing homes that hadn't previously been included.

The number of unreported deaths from COVID-19 is larger than we want to believe.
I expect a lot of critically ill folks will stay home to avoid infested hospitals.

For a semblance of perspective, I’d like to see if the number of ”natural“ deaths (excluding OD, accidents, suicide, homicide, etc) before and after Covid19, especially in the elderly and compromised populations. When we hear that 200 people died in long term care homes, how does this compare to normal times? No one gets out of those places alive.

Last edited:

I don't want to anyway diminish the tragedy described above; but I do want to put out there, that sadly, this happens routinely irrespective of cause of death; and almost never get reported to police or by the media.

Dividends are a set percentage of one‘s holdings. So if the value drops, so does the dividend, meaning the banks pay out less during this pandemic.
I'm sorry, but this made no sense at all. Dividends are not a "set percent of one's holding". I can't even begin to assume what you meant, but I think you may have been referring to dividend yields, which are expressed as a percentage of the cost of a share.

Dividends are a fixed dollar amount per share, and are set at the discretion of a Company's board and management. The dividend yield is the Dividend $ / Share Price. So if a share's price drops, the dividend yield goes up.

If Canadian banks decide not to cut dividends (again, can't stress enough, expressed in a dollar per share manner), then the yield would now be higher as their share price has fallen. Assuming the same number of shares outstanding, they pay the exact same amount during this time. Dividends, are, of course, discretionary and not contractual on common shares.

If you don't protect your workers, you shouldn't be allowed to be open.

Billion dollar company is refusing to provide workers with gloves and masks and many of the cashiers don’t even have a glass partition separating them from customers.

A graph that might be reassuring to some: (note Green is actual use of capacity)

1586610570879.png

Back