News   Jun 21, 2024
 68     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 389     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.3K     2 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Shit, it looks like he hasn't slept in a week! Though, I suppose that look's normal in his neck of the woods.

What a joke. The video confirms the fact that he is an immature child and is unfit to run the TTC much less the city of Toronto. I nominate him to be our town joker.

Oh lighten up! Hes being different, and fun... nothing wrong with that. I love the suspense he has been building and the different approach he has taken in this mayoral race. Kudos to him for thinking outside the box. Maybe thats just what Toronto needs?

That video is brilliant! I think those dismissing him simply based on the video have their own axes to grind, and I think we can safely ignore them for the rest of the debate!

Wow. That video is completely lame. It's like a high school student council campaign video.

Giambrone just killed any slim chance he ever had of getting the job.

I salute Adam Giambrone for offering himself as this year's official joke candidate. I'm seriously looking forward to a campaign designed and managed by Queen West hipsters.
Queen West hipsters wouldn't be caught dead being associated to something as unhip as that. It wouldn't go well with the crantinis and lox.

Last edited:
This race seems to be closely paralleling the 2003 campaign, only with different characters in each role:

*Unpopular incumbent deciding not to run for reelection. (Lastman/Miller)
*Well known centrist dominating early polls (Hall/Smitherman)
*Little known Ivy Leaguer running hard against the incumbent regime (Miller/Rossi)
*Ideological heir to the incumbent burdened by association with unpopular service organization (Rogers/TTC) who gets most of the incumbent's base and staffers (Tory/Giambrone)
*Long serving politician who could play a roll, but ends up on the ideological fringe (Nunziata/Pantalone)
*Long serving city councillor runs a hopeless campaign that no one takes seriously (Jakobek/Mammoliti)

I salute Adam Giambrone for offering himself as this year's official joke candidate. I'm seriously looking forward to a campaign designed and managed by Queen West hipsters.

I am like totally stoked about hearing him deliver his platform at Sneaky Dee's on $10 pitcher night.

Giambrone will do far better than his detractors think but not quite as well as his supporters hope.

He's also probably the most well-informed of the candidates when it comes to city issues, but that's more depressing than it is inspiring.

Adam Giambrone is a nice guy and is well spoken individual (I go to talk with him at the Scarborough levee this year), however his not a qualified person for the job of Mayer. Actually he’s not qualified to run the TTC but he does make one hell of a front man. I look at his running the TTC and in the time he’s run the program, ridership has gone up yet the Commission is running at a loss. A sever loss at that. How can you not open the books and see that you are heading for a 17 million dollar loss? It doesn’t just one day turn up its ugly head. It shows me that he isn’t capable of producing a business plan for a fixed and growing commodity. his biggest flaw is his attention to details.

I can’t see him in charge of a large budget like the City of Toronto and run it efficiently. So I can’t say "because he make innovative and out of the box videos" as a qualification as mayor. If he’s still in the public office 4 years from now and matured a bit more then maybe I would vote for him..

Last edited:
Adam Giambrone is a nice guy and is well spoken individual (I go to talk with him at the Scarborough levee this year), however his not a qualified person for the job of Mayer. Actually he’s not qualified to run the TTC but he does make one hell of a front man. I look at his running the TTC and in the time he’s run the program, ridership has gone up yet the Commission is running at a loss. A sever loss at that. How can you not open the books and see that you are heading for a 17 million dollar loss? It doesn’t just one day turn up its ugly head. It shows me that he isn’t capable of producing a business plan for a fixed and growing commodity. his biggest flaw is his attention to details.

I can’t see him in charge of a large budget like the City of Toronto and run it efficiently. So I can’t say "because he make innovative and out of the box videos" as a qualification as mayor. If he’s still in the public office 4 years from now and matured a bit more then maybe I would vote for him..

The only way he could have avoided operating the TTC at a loss would be if he cut service and raised fares above $3. Its not his fault the city does not receive funding to operate transit. Public transit will always operate at a loss. Its impossible for the TTC to profit without government subsidies. To blame Adam Giambrone for this is simply ignoring the real issue.

the TTC is not there to make a profit, it's there to provide a service. regardless that adam was acting like a wiener in that youtube vid, i also agree that he's not qualified to be a "mayer". i dunno, maybe if he changes his first name to oscar. ;)

Last edited:
I look at his running the TTC and in the time he’s run the program, ridership has gone up yet the Commission is running at a loss. A sever loss at that. How can you not open the books and see that you are heading for a 17 million dollar loss? It doesn’t just one day turn up its ugly head. It shows me that he isn’t capable of producing a business plan for a fixed and growing commodity. his biggest flaw is his attention to details.

Care to name some cities where the transit system doesn't lose money?

Have you guys seen Adam Giambrone's "I am ready" video?

[video=youtube;nvzkjxSf9gg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvzkjxSf9gg[/video]

It's really, really......bad (I posted a response, but for some reason, it might need "approval" from his people before it's linked, I think...)

Back