News   Jul 31, 2024
 159     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 207     0 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.4K     5 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

They're not paid. I met a girl that attended their Etobicoke highschool; rich brats maybe is what they really are. The Paris Hiltons of Etobicoke.:D

If you want to be exact, Paris + Nicky.

Though this might be more truly in the Ford-girl spirit

landers-sisters.jpg

Boy, I can see suburban-dad Ford fans having that poster in their toolshed

Last edited:
Twitterverse is saying Smitherman is heading downtown now. Could it be?? Despite Rossi's low numbers, a second departing candidate endorsement might seal the deal for George.

Back re this quote

why have an impotent figure head? Thisis why Great cities like Chicago and NYC get so much more things done without the beuracracy and having to appease every little radical idea from a small pocket of the population... More Mayoral power.

I really love this sound bite in the comments here.

People are absolute fools if you vote for Ford. I'm picturing a North American mayor's conference where Bloomberg, Daley and Villaraigosa put Ford at the children's table so that the adults can talk serious policy.

So Rossi is out. While he said he wasn't endorsing anybody, his line "Vote for something, not against something" seems to point to him preferring Ford. I guess who his team moves to, will determine who most of his supporters will vote for.

Earlier in the election, he said internal polls showed that his supporters would go to Ford, but he also said Thomson's voters would go to him -- which didn't come to pass. I think Rossi supporters are too level headed to vote for Ford.

Wow, what a day! I think Rossi bowed out with class. He's a phenomenal speaker and a very intelligent man. He's actually quite amazing to listen to. Too bad some of his policies were idiotic. His speech brought my mom (and nearly me) to tears. Agree or disagree with his policies, but few can deny his passion for the city. I look forward to seeing him run for the Liberal Party in the future!

On another note, it's George's to lose!! Come on George!!

I can see Rossi as Premier one day. He'll do really well provincially. He has a few months vacation before launching his campaign for the November 2011 Provincial election.

I would take that as city building (Smitherman) rather than tearing it down (Ford).

Ha... I just heard my exact argument on Newstalk1010 lol Good point though, if you look at it from a different perspective, it makes equally as much sense.

I have my doubts of his future in provincial politics. There seems to be some sort of hostility on the part of federal Libs (Kinsella etc.) towards Smitherman and the provincial Libs.

I would take that as city building (Smitherman) rather than tearing it down (Ford).

How is a property tax freeze (more extreme than Ford's), going on a phoney "war on waste", trashing Miller's legacy and tearing it up etc. an example of "city building"?

For the sake of argument, I'll accept there's differences of degree between Smitherman and Ford, but I think a lot of people would agree that Smitherman even if preferable to Ford represents a big step backwards from Miller.

Last edited:

Back