News   Jul 17, 2024
 440     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 971     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Woo! He's now fair game for the media to pull apart. If they were able to find dirt on the seemingly squeaky clean Adam Giambrone, Rob Ford's closet should have more skeletons than a mausoleum.

I've heard some choice ones from an individual with roots in his neighbourhood, and boy let's just say his "cheapness" appears to be at the expense of others, literally.

AoD

I'm calling the election today: Ford won.

Why? Ford won the car business this year, Ford wins everywhere!

"Have you voted for a Ford...lately?"
58-edsel-twn.jpg

Woo! He's now fair game for the media to pull apart. If they were able to find dirt on the seemingly squeaky clean Adam Giambrone, Rob Ford's closet should have more skeletons than a mausoleum.

Except that Rob Ford may have that Palin knack of making skeletons work to his core-constituency favour--"Hey! He's stoopid, just like we are!"

Look, if he can blithely have a logo like this...
logo.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA! You're kidding! HA! I saw the logo at a glance while the page was loading and I thought: "nice joke poster... this will be good" then I read that it's real. OMG

Rob Ford entering the race may actually turn out to be a good thing if it siphons votes away from the frontrunners (Rossi and Smitherman) allowing for Sarah Thomson to make a slow but steady climb to victory.

Geez, first it's Rossi, and now it's Ford...just exactly who is it that we "need"? No non-sense? He sure has gotten into quite a bit of it during his "reign".

And no, Ford isn't laxative (though he sure can use some)...he is more like cholera.

AoD

Well, anyone that runs against this current administration gets a lot of initial goodwill from me. We're 6 months from election, plenty of time to make a decision. And yes, there will be strategic voting, even if it's outside of someone's comfort zone.

On another note,
it's too bad that Sarah thompson's entire campaign just went kaput:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-transit-projects-put-on-hold/article1510564/

yes we do! Many Red tories feel homeless, the Liberals at all levels seem to have no real dicrection, modern Conservatives (Ontario PC's too) are trying their best to become clones of the GOP. We need a real fiscally responsible but socially progressive option. To clarify, by 'fiscally progressive' I mean a concern that deficits don't get too high, but without the neoconservative belief that all government intervention is inherently bad. I get scared when governments sell public assets.

Too bad we can't get a Canadian version of Michael Bloomberg for Toronto.
How can we bring back the Liberals of the Jean Chretien era? I guess economic cycles have huge influences on goverment policies.

- The Liberals are all over the place
- The Conservatives fringe right is a little too much to put up with
- The NDP have created a new model political model. Pander to the poor and wannabe poor for political activists and receive funding from business elites... all the while, sticking it to the middle class to pay for it all - which also is the fastest shrinking group. I figure the only way to fight this is if we shrink to a small enough group, they won't be able to leverage us anymore. lol

Last edited:
yes we do! Many Red tories feel homeless, the Liberals at all levels seem to have no real dicrection, modern Conservatives (Ontario PC's too) are trying their best to become clones of the GOP. We need a real fiscally responsible but socially progressive option. To clarify, by 'fiscally progressive' I mean a concern that deficits don't get too high, but without the neoconservative belief that all government intervention is inherently bad. I get scared when governments sell public assets.

Amen! Socially ive with a mind for saving money.

This works for Sarah Thomson
It works very well for Sarah Thomson. She wasn't looking for provincial funding. And ultimately she is right; only way this stuff is going to happen is if we pay for it ourselves. We just need a great big huge toll on the entrance to Queen park. $1-million per entry ... I think this power is now in the City of Toronto Act :)

Many people will try to attack his personal character...
Yes, he's not exactly our idea of a politician, but I think that's exactly what the city needs. A no-nonsense guy to call it what it is and clean up city hall!

Rob ford is the laxative that will FLUSH City Hall clean!
If this election results in Ford and Giambrone losing, I'll call it a royal flush.

That sounds like the Liberals to me. They solved the deficit federally (and provincially before the latest crisis) without sacrificing social programs QUOTE]

Are you high? No, seriously. The federal Liberals cut transfers to the provinces like fish, resulting in serious cuts to social programmes. Partisan beer goggles: take them off, please.

Back