News   May 07, 2024
 270     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 292     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 298     0 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

Yes, it's where City Grill was. It's been under construction for what feels like a dog's age.

They seem to have gutted the place completely; from what I could see they also took down most of the ceiling on the first floor. There is still a lot of work to be done in there.

i believe i have found which store is taking over the pottery barn spot in the eaton centre, I think and almost am 100% sure that its the store Stylexchange. Google there website and under store locations at the bottom it says relocating to the eaton centre april 2011

Actually, the Pottery Barn is now closed, and the store will be a Forever 21.

I wonder if that means Forever21 Yonge & Dundas will stay open?

I don't know, but it's not the same format. It does say "Forever 21" on the partition, which would be different from the "XXI Forever" store at that corner.

maybe they just put forever 21 instead of xxi to make the brand more identifiable. What store in the mall is closing then for the stylexchange store?

It might be the same concept; one thing's for certain, I'm well past the age of their target clientele!

I believe the Nike store nearby will also close.

I was at Square One today and noticed a whole rash of store closings: Nike appears to be gone, the Telus upstairs is gone, the Jacob Lingerie store which just opened up like last year is gone, Car Buffs I think it was called beside Athlete's World is gone, Starstruck is gone, The Disney Store is gone, and RW & Co. is closing at the end of the month. Some pet store also closed I think.

EDIT: Looking at Square One's website, where Telus was is now labelled as Koodo so it seems they're just changing the concept from Telus to Koodo.

EDIT 2: Looks like Ricki's is taking over the former Jacob Lingerie spot (Apr 2011; 3868 sq ft). Michael Kor's is taking over the old Tabi spot (Nov 2011; 2460 sq ft) Source: Oxford's leasing page: http://www.oxfordproperties.com/leasing/LoImages/rfp/29810_RFP.pdf

Last edited:
I do think the Nike store at Eaton Centre is closing. It's looking very empty.

That is a lot of stores to close at Square One. The pet store closed? Awesome! Pet stores (that sell animals) suck. And that one was so disgusting. The dogs were always sick.

I do think the Nike store at Eaton Centre is closing. It's looking very empty.

That means that at least 3 GTA Nike Stores have now closed or will close soon: Sherway, Square One, and Eaton Centre. Will the Bloor Street store be the next to go? Are they walking away from their standalone store concept in Toronto?

anybody know if anythings happening at yorkdale with the expansion and any new stores coming in this year?
Also, what store is closing for the stylexchange and forever 21 that are moving into the eaton centre?

I'm amazed that Disney stores still exist anywhere.

The Disney Stores are very successful now that they are back as part of the Walt Disney Co. (rather than Children's Place). The Square One store is (finally) being renovated. It will reopen as a new 'imagination park' store, which is sort of a Disney Store-Apple Store hybrid (lots of interaction, technology, etc.). Should be neat.

Back