News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 861     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1K     0 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

Its a way to get the brand out there. A form of advertising. No dealer wanted to run that store because of that. Home office had to provide incentives in order to get someone to run it.

How much more is the rent there - say compared to a suburban 416 location ?

i believe i have found which store is taking over the pottery barn spot in the eaton centre, I think and almost am 100% sure that its the store Stylexchange. Google there website and under store locations at the bottom it says relocating to the eaton centre april 2011

Apparently there is a Mercatto Ristorante opening in Eaton Centre? I didn't know this. Got their newsletter today, and it says opening in February.

I really hope Eaton Centre could do better than Style Exchange. Next big one for TEC is the JOEY's on Dundas in the old JJ Muggs area

i believe i have found which store is taking over the pottery barn spot in the eaton centre, I think and almost am 100% sure that its the store Stylexchange. Google there website and under store locations at the bottom it says relocating to the eaton centre april 2011

Wow after this - the stretch of Yonge from Dundas to Queen will have many retail vacancies - to go along with the two abandoned heritage buildings. Sad ...

That's one thing I've always found odd about Toronto, I wonder what others think;
The best / unique parts of Toronto to me are no where near Yonge - I love King east / Queen W / Bloor / ... I can go on ... but not our 'main' street. It's not like I mind the upper part of Yonge - I personally love the grityness - but it's different then other cities in that typically the main street is what's attractive / popular.

The state of Yonge Street from Queen to Bloor is unacceptable. How this could be the case is somewhat puzzling. (The common sense urbanist's explanation would be the Eaton Centre sucking the retail vitality out of Yonge.)

What the hell happened to Oakley??? Has anybody seen it? It just opened in the Eaton Centre on the left side of the Queen St. entrance. They built this iron grid wall with aluminum backing... Seriously?? There are a couple of slit windows, but otherwise, it looks like a cheap garage or shed. They rent one of the most visible window fronts of the entire mall and they cover it up?

What the hell happened to Oakley??? Has anybody seen it? It just opened in the Eaton Centre on the left side of the Queen St. entrance. They built this iron grid wall with aluminum backing... Seriously?? There are a couple of slit windows, but otherwise, it looks like a cheap garage or shed. They rent one of the most visible window fronts of the entire mall and they cover it up?

lol

I was in their store - they're quite proud of the new design - apparently it wasn't cheep either.

Really ? It's not terrible, it's kinda of growing on me.

Stylexchange has great, albeit overpriced, clothes. The prices are often much cheaper at their Quebec stores. Having said that, it's sad to see that they had to leave Yonge Street and join the Eaton Centre vacuum in order to succeed in the neighbourhood.

im glad there moving to a new spot so i wont have to go outside on cold days to go that store, that stores great and its a good alternative from the other stores in the mall.

Couple of points covering the last few pages...

- Pickle Barrel sucks.

- Looking forward to J.Crew finally coming to Canada. Slightly more fashion-forward alternative to Banana Republic.

- Stylexchange will share the same customers as Harry Rosen's casual section upstairs at the mall. Not sure why someone said the mall could do better??

- Oakleys are only worn by Australians.

Back