News   Aug 26, 2024
 350     1 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 403     0 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 512     2 

New Cumberland St. TTC entrance

Ha Ha, good one. Seriously, I know it takes the TTC a long time for escalator maintenance, but 3 years for this? You must be confused with another station.

Ha Ha, good one. Seriously, I know it takes the TTC a long time for escalator maintenance, but 3 years for this? You must be confused with another station.

TTC Projects seem to have a different standards as how they get built compare to the construction industry.

Look how long it took to put the stairs in a Dundas Sq and then had to be rebuilt months after opening.

It should have taken no more than 6 months to do this entrance.

At a loss

I am at a loss as to how the TTC's contractor could possibly take this long for such a simple project.

Drum is being generous with his timelines, this project could have been done by a crew of 3 in a month flat, on 1 shift!

There were no below surface changes made.

They simply knocked downed a small 1-storey structure, with no greater complexity than an average garage.

Then they built a new structure, still 1-storey, still small, with no HVAC system required (the stairs are heated or A/C) no advanced plumbing (just drains), and the only electrical is lighting.

The TTC's own schedule was to complete this by November 2008, as posted at the site when they started, in late August 2008.

Now they've pushed the date back to 'Summer' 2009 on their website.

That would make it 10 months to a year, when a normal developer throw's up a house in a month, including foundation and curing time for the concrete!

Any insiders have info.........this is bad, even for the TTC!

I'd be curious to know how much this little box cost. I wonder if there's a way to find out.

It's probably best that we don't know!

Sorry to burst your "TTC is wasting money" bubble, but most of the cost of this project was borne by the Yorkville BIA.

But did the Bloor-Yorkville BIA manage the project?

I merely asked a simple question and the answer came back -- surprise, surprise -- roughly three times what one might expect for a project of this scale.

Sorry to offend your sensibilities.

I had to laugh when I saw this.

I said 2012 and All the signs are like this now. LOL
IMG_june-11-09-0165.JPG

Hilarious :)

Surely this simple structure should be been open to the public by now.

Back