253     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 330     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 945     1 

Multiple Victims of Shooting in Scarborough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprisingly, (twice this year) the victim of the Yorkdale shooting is Asian. I had money on it thinking it was a Black person.

As an 42 year old, UK-born, Caucasian, middle class office working, urban living, home-owning male married for over 15 years to the Canadian-born caucasian mother of my regular non-marginalized children, I often feel there is entirely another world out there.

How does he 'nail it'? The 2 people in that clip spent almost 5 minutes contradicting themselves and each other. You have to be beyond illogical to give any merit to their discourse.

I mean, how incredibly daft is it to say that gun control won't lead to less shootings, but later add that:

"Because of gun control now there's an epidemic of knife crime in British cities"

Exactly, Michael. British police officers don't even carry firearms. I don't know about you, but I would rather be assaulted by someone with a knife than by someone with a gun.

According to Wikipedia, approximately 70 percent of the total murders in the U.S. are committed with firearms, versus about 30 percent in Canada.

Pro-gun arguments typically defy any form of intelligent thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't disagree with what you wrote but you are forgetting a very large demographic and that is Somalian youth.
True, and a very different, and even smaller demographic than the Jamaican issue. Somali lads arrive as refugees from a war torn world. They almost need to be de-cultured and re-educated, not as westerners, but as proud, hard working, family focused Africans, for example, like their Eriterean neighbours.

Last edited:
You deal with the black population in Toronto and you solve the gun crime problem. Simple as that. Everyone knows this is the problem and it all stems from too many black parents who do a horrible job of raising their kids and keeping them in line. Add all these kids together along with black culture and this is what you get. Aggressive young black males who will fight and kill for pretty much any reason.
This sounds very racist.

This sounds very racist.

Of course it is. Reading through this thread, the amount of racist crap that has been allowed on here is baffling. People get banned or suspended for fighting over architecture while this shit seems to be tolerated.

I have gone ahead and reported him.

Last edited:
How many of Chicago's guns were purchased legally in Chicago? (the answer is very few - thus, it's legal guns elsewhere enabling those crimes)

What is the murder rate in Britain compared to the US? (the answer is lower, thus - in a country with more violence as you claim, the lack of guns seems to have led to less murders)

Handguns and rocket launchers and everything else that is purposely designed to kill people and destroy things from a distance should be heavily regulated and hard to access. We already do this with one of the things on that list and it works fine. We also heavily regulate things like driving big trucks and other activities that can lead to serious incidents.

Wow. Don't let fear get the best of you.

I've lived through various military coups and periods of tyrannical repression abroad. The way you avoid those types of situations is by creating resilient institutions, forming cultured individuals, and engaging the people in the political process - not by letting people hoard automatic weapons or handguns or whatever.

I've seen armies dropping bombs over their own country, and heard stories too horrific to share here. The only naive assumption in these crises scenarios is to think they can be prevented or indeed improved with civilian gun ownership.

Also, the Japanese weren't subjected to a tyranny; Spaniards were FAR from disarmed, and armed civilians don't stand a chance against the U.S. army.

P.S. I've lived in the U.S.

hahahhaha. Cowardice? I'm not the coward anonymously spouting racist bullshit in front of a computer screen. Do you know how we get rid of this problem? When fools look at the entire picture as well as all the factors that lead to our problems. It's fashionable to blame one racial group. What I'm still trying to understand is how a story that involves gun violence between two Vietnamese gangs turns into gun violence in the black community. I mean, some here clearly have an agenda and it doesn't matter what racial group is involved.

Its not the guns its the PEOPLE. Why is it that 95-99% of all gun crime every single year in Toronto involves young black males? We have plenty of non-blacks living in the exact same neighborhoods as blacks do yet somehow few if any non-black kids grow up with feeling of needing to carry a gun and using it at the drop of the hat anytime, anywhere without any regard for anyone around them.

Seriously? You want to make such ignorant statements like that, in your fifth post here?

I see a bright future at UT for you.

It's both. If we had US-style gun laws in Toronto/ON we would have much higher crime rates among other demographics.

As for black people - you make a logical mistake. It's not the black community in Toronto, it's a subset of very different communities in the city, most of which are black.

I agree that kids in these backwards communities need to get their education from some place other than 'just' their parents - which is why I strongly support the very necessary interventions that our mayor refers to as 'hug-a-thug' programs. Do you?

I agree that its only a portion of blacks in Toronto that are causing all this crime and violence, but its a SIGNIFICANT PORTION and not some isolated group otherwise we wouldn't be having incidents involving blacks nearly every week and at least several shootings/stabbings/murders a month from that one specific group for DECADES ON END.

As I said what's needed is better parenting from black parents and more co-operation from them in getting the criminals in the neighborhoods. Until blacks either A) start raising their kids properly and making their neighborhoods safer and/or B) stop having so many kids at such young ages when they're not prepared to raise a child properly, then what you see year after year will continue to happen year after year as it has been for decades.

It's the bullet(s) from an illegal gun that injure and kill people, social issues run far deeper than weapons. Don't buy into this crap NRA propaganda, we are Canadians and let's not forget that.

Its the people who choose to own a gun and carry it on the streets and use it at the drop of the hat that are the main problem here. Why is it that blacks are the only group of people in Toronto that feel the need to carry a gun? You don't see any other group of people going out to actively seek to buy a gun to use it in committing crime or murder like young black men do.

Of course it is. Reading through this thread, the amount of racist crap that has been allowed on here is baffling. People get banned or suspended for fighting over architecture while this shit seems to be tolerated.

I have gone ahead and reported him.

Are you willfully ignorant of the crime we have in Toronto and which group of people are responsible for the vast majority of these incidents??

Let me ask you:

1. Is it true or false that the majority of murders that happen in Toronto/GTA involve blacks as either the perpetrator and/or victim?

2. Is it true or false that almost all gun crime that occurs in Toronto/GTA involve blacks in some way?

If you answered true to both the questions above, then how is it racist to POINT OUT THE FACTS?? What kind of messed up logic is it that week after week, year after year we hear of a murder/shooting/stabbing etc on the news and it ALMOST ALWAYS involves blacks and yet its 'racist' to simply highlight this FACT? Its not like I'm making crap up here you know. All you have to do is watch the news and you can see for yourself who gets into trouble the most often.

Seriously? You want to make such ignorant statements like that, in your fifth post here?

I see a bright future at UT for you.

And I ask you as well are you purposely being ignorant of the FACTS or something? You can't dispute what I'm saying as being incorrect. You want proof? How about this? Let's watch the news for a month and count up all the incidents that involve blacks and how many incidents involve non-blacks and then let's see who's right and who's wrong. Deal?

I just can't understand why people these days would rather be politically correct and choose not to offend certain people rather than simply being open and honest about the issues we're faced with and dealing with it head on and actually solving the problems once and for all.

I agree that its only a portion of blacks in Toronto that are causing all this crime and violence, but its a SIGNIFICANT PORTION and not some isolated group otherwise we wouldn't be having incidents involving blacks nearly every week and at least several shootings/stabbings/murders a month from that one specific group for DECADES ON END.

As I said what's needed is better parenting from black parents and more co-operation from them in getting the criminals in the neighborhoods. Until blacks either A) start raising their kids properly and making their neighborhoods safer and/or B) stop having so many kids at such young ages when they're not prepared to raise a child properly, then what you see year after year will continue to happen year after year as it has been for decades.

Its the people who choose to own a gun and carry it on the streets and use it at the drop of the hat that are the main problem here. Why is it that blacks are the only group of people in Toronto that feel the need to carry a gun? You don't see any other group of people going out to actively seek to buy a gun to use it in committing crime or murder like young black men do.

Are you willfully ignorant of the crime we have in Toronto and which group of people are responsible for the vast majority of these incidents??

Let me ask you:

1. Is it true or false that the majority of murders that happen in Toronto/GTA involve blacks as either the perpetrator and/or victim?

2. Is it true or false that almost all gun crime that occurs in Toronto/GTA involve blacks in some way?

If you answered true to both the questions above, then how is it racist to POINT OUT THE FACTS?? What kind of messed up logic is it that week after week, year after year we hear of a murder/shooting/stabbing etc on the news and it ALMOST ALWAYS involves blacks and yet its 'racist' to simply highlight this FACT? Its not like I'm making crap up here you know. All you have to do is watch the news and you can see for yourself who gets into trouble the most often.

And I ask you as well are you purposely being ignorant of the FACTS or something? You can't dispute what I'm saying as being incorrect. You want proof? How about this? Let's watch the news for a month and count up all the incidents that involve blacks and how many incidents involve non-blacks and then let's see who's right and who's wrong. Deal?

I just can't understand why people these days would rather be politically correct and choose not to offend certain people rather than simply being open and honest about the issues we're faced with and dealing with it head on and actually solving the problems once and for all.

"all you have to do is watch the news...."

Oh man...this is gold!

M. Sterling,

Most criminals being black =/= (does not equal) a significant proportion of blacks being criminals.

There are over 200,000 black people in Toronto, living all over and with completely different backgrounds.

To suggest that black people need to be better parents and stop having as many children is like saying that white people need to stop invading middle eastern countries. Nations led by white people have led almost every single invasion in the middle east over the past century, and this is a FACT!!!

I'll narrow it down in your terms: Blacks don't kill people, rotten individuals kill people.

After the Eaton Centre shooting I saw a fat white woman openly harassing a black man at the Eaton Centre. He was at some coffee stand serving people, making an honest living, and she just yells at him 'go home! your kind is not wanted here! you are all fucking criminals!'... the guy just stood there, smiled gently, and continued serving coffee to the crowd.

What you are doing by categorising 'black people' as if they all somehow belonged to the same community is illogical, and since you are accusing them of a series of terrible things, you shouldn't be surprised if people rightly take offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back