News   Mar 28, 2024
 91     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Montréal Transit Developments

That's why they close the highway when they do it.
Once they apply the post-tensioning, then they allow the traffic under.
They didn't.
106506722_1187716231594536_2799653755294710401_o.jpg

Two new integrated metropolitan fares are being introduced by the ARTM, valid across all networks (STM/STL/RTL/exo), starting October 1st 2020.

Unlimited Evening: $5.50 for unlimited bus/train/metro access from 6 PM to 5 AM
Unlimited Weekend: $14.25 for unlimited bus/train/metro access from Friday 4PM to Monday 5AM

map_territoire_desservis.jpg
The new STM tariffs are up (effective Oct. 1) and the passes are going up between 1 and 2 dollars.
I signed up for the annual pass that I paid $86.50/mo for (but I got a free month so $79.29) then I got bumped up to Maestro status and got a $5/mo discount so I'm currently paying $81.50. I assume this will go up to $83.50 on Oct. 1.
But I'm still paying way less than the $100/mo or so that I paid for my last TTC Metropass in 2006!
Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 23.32.32 (1).jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 02.27.11.jpeg

Last edited:
The new STM tariffs are up (effective Oct. 1) and the passes are going up between 1 and 2 dollars.
I signed up for the annual pass that I paid $86.50/mo for (but I got a free month so $79.29) then I got bumped up to Maestro status and got a $5/mo discount so I'm currently paying $81.50. I assume this will go up to $83.50 on Oct. 1.
But I'm still paying way less than the $100/mo or so that I paid for my last TTC Metropass in 2006!View attachment 261315View attachment 261316

Still cheaper than TTC metropass.

The good thing about the yearly STM pass is that it offers a lot of auxiliary benefits:

- 25-30% off annual BIXI subscription (usually about $20 savings)
- Valid for use on public transit on both Montreal and Quebec City at no additional charge
- Free rides to friends from 6 p.m. to 5 a.m. on week days and all day long on weekends when they travel with you by bus or métro (big savings for friends and family visiting Montreal)

Still cheaper than TTC metropass.

The good thing about the yearly STM pass is that it offers a lot of auxiliary benefits:

- 25-30% off annual BIXI subscription (usually about $20 savings)
- Valid for use on public transit on both Montreal and Quebec City at no additional charge
- Free rides to friends from 6 p.m. to 5 a.m. on week days and all day long on weekends when they travel with you by bus or métro (big savings for friends and family visiting Montreal)
I hooked my card up to BIXI and Communauto, can use it for either one.
I laughed at the free ride feature until I caught myself saying "You don't have to pay, you're my guest" to a buddy one night.
Have used that on several occasions when I'm trying to dissuade people from taking a cab (I refuse to use UBER).

How many of you moved to Montreal?!
I did. I didn't like the direction Toronto was taking so I left. I tried a number of other places until I finally settled on Montreal, a place I had always gone to to have fun and a city that I had always found to be so refreshingly 'different'.
Although to be honest, I would have never left Berlin had I have been able to stay. I'm still looking to go back.
Berlin is simply on a different level altogether, compared to Canadian cities.

I did. I didn't like the direction Toronto was taking so I left. I tried a number of other places until I finally settled on Montreal, a place I had always gone to to have fun and a city that I had always found to be so refreshingly 'different'.
Although to be honest, I would have never left Berlin had I have been able to stay. I'm still looking to go back.
Berlin is simply on a different level altogether, compared to Canadian cities.

In what way?

In what way?
TBH, I'll always love this city, but I can say that there is a certain managerial myopia in Toronto's civic image, that extends from transit planning to things like basic park maintenance. Even the current mayor, John Tory, is the epitome of that line of thinking.

Plus a city like Montreal has 'bigger' bones than Toronto (not an insult), which is the product of its existence as the nation's primate city for its elites during most of the 19th-20th centuries. Berlin, no doubt, more so.

Furthermore, moving to a new city allows you to dissociate yourself from the local politics/issues (aka the 'fresh start'), which you only really pick up on after living there for awhile. People can falsely get the 'grass is always greener' mentality, which is how you get the spiteful expatriate individuals, who are absolutely PITAs to deal with, being far worse than the locals. I remember there was one such individual on the SSP forums (Habsfanman) who was absolutely obnoxious, and shat up every thread with his sanctimonious anti-Toronto screeds.

That being said, Toronto is moving ahead! Just not as much as much we'd like it to.

Last edited:

Back