News   Apr 15, 2024
 927     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 646     0 

Montréal Transit Developments

Its not a one time thing, they are painted daily during the heat wave. Theres a paint train that comes around and paints the tracks on hot days. Its not a permanent thing. Only when it gets hot. The paint is temporary.
Wow ... that's quite the operation.

I don't think you've been following all the progress going on in Greater Montreal of late all that closely. Funding has been put forward:

Ottawa invests $2M to link REM with Dorval station

We wouldn't expect construction to start here prior to an EA process first, would we?

What EA? What you posted was a link for a feasibility study.

My broader question is why this station was never part of the original REM proposal to begin with.

What EA? What you posted was a link for a feasibility study.

My broader question is why this station was never part of the original REM proposal to begin with.

Which is a key first step in any pathway to construction regardless. Perhaps I should have been more clear. You said initially that no money's been invested, I showed you that within the past two weeks it's actually happening. Surely the EA is to follow should they find it feasible.

And it's probably likely that the two were not going to be linked together as part of a non-compete clause with the Vaudreuil-Hudson commuter rail line. But that may no longer be the case now.

There was an EA process for the REM?

I'd missed that. Do you have the URL?

No EAs are required for road extensions of less than a km, I wonder if it's applicable to rail as this extension is about 700m. In any case, the extension would be entirely on federal lands so no provincial EA would be required I assume.

And now a subway from Cote Vertu to Bois Franc is coming up in the works:

And now a subway from Cote Vertu to Bois Franc is coming up in the works:
Now?

How does that differ from the extension to Bois Franc discussed in the first post of this thread over 10 years ago?

Or the one that they were talking about in the 1980s?

In any case, the extension would be entirely on federal lands ...
Where are they planning on building the station? I can't picture how this would work, if it didn't go any under city streets, or the CP and CN tracks?

Now?

How does that differ from the extension to Bois Franc discussed in the first post of this thread over 10 years ago?

Or the one that they were talking about in the 1980s?

Where are they planning on building the station? I can't picture how this would work, if it didn't go any under city streets, or the CP and CN tracks?

I believe that the main difference is that the côte-vertu metro garage has since begun construction, meaning, per the article that 1.2km of the 2.2km tunneling needed is already complete.

Not a sure thing but a step in the right direction at least.

Construction underway - oh - is that why terminal operations at Cote-Vertu are so bizarre? When I was there a couple of months ago, the trains were all changing tracks, south of the station, which seemed a potential bottleneck to me (the in-service train arrived from the south on the northbound tracks, but then departed empty heading southbound, changed tracks, and then went northbound again (still out of service) to arrive on the southbound platform!)

I just assumed they'd been doing that since the 1980s - but perhaps not?

Construction underway - oh - is that why terminal operations at Cote-Vertu are so bizarre? When I was there a couple of months ago, the trains were all changing tracks, south of the station, which seemed a potential bottleneck to me (the in-service train arrived from the south on the northbound tracks, but then departed empty heading southbound, changed tracks, and then went northbound again (still out of service) to arrive on the southbound platform!)

I just assumed they'd been doing that since the 1980s - but perhaps not?

That is due to the construction - one of the tailtracks is partially out of service due to constructing the tie-in to the existing line. From what I recall during peak hours they are still operating as per normal - changing tracks to the north of the station - but off-peak, they are operating as you saw as they need as much storage capacity as possible.

http://www.stm.info/en/about/major_projects/cote-vertu-garage

Dan

That is due to the construction - one of the tailtracks is partially out of service due to constructing the tie-in to the existing line. From what I recall during peak hours they are still operating as per normal - changing tracks to the north of the station - but off-peak, they are operating as you saw as they need as much storage capacity as possible.

http://www.stm.info/en/about/major_projects/cote-vertu-garage

Dan

Yes, exactly. The trackage already extends long enough for there to be a Poirier Station if they so choose to want to build it.

Back