News   May 06, 2024
 520     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 527     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 1.4K     1 

Montréal Transit Developments

I reverse image searched on Google and found a better version. So thank you for helping

rtl-vision-2025-tramway-taschereau-2-preview.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the official presentation of LÉEO.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but who's going to be the owner/operator of the future Longueuil tramway? CDPQi, STM, or Transport de Longueuil?

The recent pipeline of transit announcements from Quebec almost reminds me of the "good old days" (circa 2015) when the former Wynne government would announce a new LRT line every 2 days giving them out like candy.

The recent pipeline of transit announcements from Quebec almost reminds me of the "good old days" (circa 2015) when the former Wynne government would announce a new LRT line every 2 days giving them out like candy.

The difference is that the way things are going, the Legault CAQ government will most probably be re-elected at the next elections.

I would love to see Toronto do something similar to Montreal's REM, albeit with higher capacity trains. I believe the max capacity projections are around 14400 ppdph (24 trains x 600 people). REM is supposed to use Alstom Metropolis vehicles, which in a 6-car configuration would have a total capacity of 1,100, so I guess they're using 3-car configurations. Seems a bit under built, but nonetheless it's impressive how quickly it's progressing. Looks like it'll be up and running before we even break ground on the Relief Line or maybe even completed before the Eglinton Crosstown (gulp!).

I would love to see Toronto do something similar to Montreal's REM, albeit with higher capacity trains. I believe the max capacity projections are around 14400 ppdph (24 trains x 600 people). REM is supposed to use Alstom Metropolis vehicles, which in a 6-car configuration would have a total capacity of 1,100, so I guess they're using 3-car configurations. Seems a bit under built, but nonetheless it's impressive how quickly it's progressing. Looks like it'll be up and running before we even break ground on the Relief Line or maybe even completed before the Eglinton Crosstown (gulp!).

The REM will be using a 4-car configuration at rush hours, 2-car configuration outside of rush-hour. Platforms are 80m longs.

Resurrect GO-ALRT!!!
20140625-GO-Map-ed.jpg-resize-_opacity_100-frame_bg_color_FFF-h_2500-gravity_center-q_70-prese...jpg

1c10-20140625-GO-ALRT.jpg-resize_then_crop-_frame_bg_color_FFF-h_1365-gravity_center-q_70-preserve_ratio_true-w_2048_.webp

Last edited:
The REM will be using a 4-car configuration at rush hours, 2-car configuration outside of rush-hour. Platforms are 80m longs.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. So can they ever scale to 6 or 8 car configurations with 80m long platforms? Probably not I'm guessing.

From the REM website:

"Once commissioned, the REM will have a frequency of 150 seconds on the main segment (Rive-Sud – Bois-Franc) during peak hours. However, its technology allows for a frequency of up to 90 seconds, which means that capacity can be increased by two-thirds. If ridership increases significantly in coming decades, the frequency and number of trains in service on the network may be increased accordingly."

That means hey can run up to 40 trains an hour. They can probably reach very close to that realistically with the platform screen doors and perimeter-seating arrangement they are using. Assuming 600 people per 4 car trainset(80m) that's 24k ppdph. (They claim that they can fit as many as 780 people but I don't really believe that.)

[/QUOTE]
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. So can they ever scale to 6 or 8 car configurations with 80m long platforms? Probably not I'm guessing.
The number of train cars don't matter as much as the train length and width of usable space inside. For example. in Vancouver, they run 6-car 'Mark I' and 4-car 'Mark III'. The Mark III fits almost 50 more people even though it is 10m shorter than the Mark I.

I would love to see Toronto do something similar to Montreal's REM, albeit with higher capacity trains.

That's basically what the Ontario Line seems to be.

Back