News   Jun 28, 2024
 3.8K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 654     1 

Montréal Transit Developments

I th
Montreal's REM project will change the landscape of transit in the city, province, and even in the whole country, and we made a video detailing why! Enjoy.

Thank you for this and for your other Youtube transit videos. Always a pleasure to watch during lunch breaks :)

I think there is something to be said for rolling out an entirely new transit network vs. building piece meal via the usual P3 model. For all the shortcomings of the current REM route and many other questionable decisions made by CDPQ, this will ultimately have a transformative effective on the entire region, and all within a span of a few years as each segment of the network comes online in consecutive years. Not to mention the positive publicity this will buy for CDPQ, now and for its future expansion projects in the region, since the REM network impacts a large proportion of the greater Montreal population.

Even for the casual observer, many are already noticing the new REM infrastructure popping up all over the city - west island highway 40, Eduard Mont-Petit, Brossard/Southshore, Downtown/McGill, Griffintown/Peel Basin, and YUL Airport. It's one of those network wide projects that touches many neighborhoods all at the same time whether you live in downtown, inner city, airport commuter, or off-island suburb.

Will the new lines have wheelchair, stroller, and bicycle stairway runnels?

ot2w23e26jr01.jpg

From link.

aae3dbfc182a6a8951d69ea4fb597d9e.jpg

From link.

I gotta ask, because you keep posting these images. Are you joking, or do you think that these are actually usable and a passable mobility ramp within Canada or any first world country?
They are obviously back-ups in case elevators are temporarily out of service.

They can most certainly be used for bikes and strollers, and I'm sure with proper staff, training and harnesses, they can be used for wheelchairs as well.

Montreal's REM project will change the landscape of transit in the city, province, and even in the whole country, and we made a video detailing why! Enjoy.

Great video. One thing I will dispute though is your assertion that Toronto's subway system is "overbuilt". The subway is adequate for the corridors it serves. 6-car 150 m long platforms is suitable, the problem lies in there only being 2 lines. Thankfully initiatives like the Ontario Line and the Crosstown (at least the Mt Dennis to Sci Ctr part) aim to rectify this drought.

I gotta ask, because you keep posting these images. Are you joking, or do you think that these are actually usable and a passable mobility ramp within Canada or any first world country?

Edouard Mont Petit currently U/C is 70m deep. How do you propose they have baby stroller ramps?

It'll be serviced exclusively by high capacity elevators:
20161125_C4468_PHOTO_EN_825901.jpg

Edouard Mont Petit currently U/C is 70m deep. How do you propose they have baby stroller ramps?

It'll be serviced exclusively by high capacity elevators:
20161125_C4468_PHOTO_EN_825901.jpg

What on earth does that have to do with anything I was talking about?

What does that have to do with W. K. Lis posting an image showing a ramp that fails not only the maximum ramp angle set by the government for mobility ramps by almost triple the limit but also the fact that there cannot be any open space within the ramp area?

Longueuil LRT project to launch tomorrow. The CIB president will be there. I wonder how the funding will turn out to be.

First segment would be between the Panama REM station and the Longueuil-UdeS metro station.

Longueuil LRT project to launch tomorrow. The CIB president will be there. I wonder how the funding will turn out to be.

First segment would be between the Panama REM station and the Longueuil-UdeS metro station.

Anyone have a map of the route?

What on earth does that have to do with anything I was talking about?

What does that have to do with W. K. Lis posting an image showing a ramp that fails not only the maximum ramp angle set by the government for mobility ramps by almost triple the limit but also the fact that there cannot be any open space within the ramp area?

Apologies, misread your posts. Initially I thought it was another post about accessibility (lack of elevators) in REM/STM metros.

Back