News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 580     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Montage and Neo Condos (Concord CityPlace) - Real Estate -

According to the welcome package from Concord only the owner is allowed to participate in the PDI. I notice in a lot of the photos posted here there is more than 1 person -if you don't count Customer Care. More eyes is always better :D

According to the welcome package from Concord only the owner is allowed to participate in the PDI. I notice in a lot of the photos posted here there is more than 1 person -if you don't count Customer Care. More eyes is always better :D

ya forsure and my bro came up with me he works as a builder so i figured it would be best to bring him along

Yes; everyone's should be.

strange i have a 6inch band that went across my door .. just spoke to client care and they said any of the doors facing east .. would not be fully frosted and if the door had been located in the hallway .. it would be ????? im going to speak to sales today and find out what can be done if anything .. if not i can go over home depot and buy a sheet of the frost and put it on myself

That's so weird. You would think because they ARE facing east they would be fully frosted.

I had no frosting at all on mine, I think a call to customer care is in order...

That's really cheap! One cable outlet? When I bought my 1 bedroom at 500 Queen Quay, 8 years ago, the unit came standard with cable outlets in each room -2 in the livingroom and diningroom which was one room. In fact I had the option of indicating where I wanted speaker outlets. I am guessing no ethernet outlets which means having to run wire along the walls if you need faster than wireless. I thought with Telus 100 megabits and fibre between buildings they would make the units at least modern technologically:mad:

they are actually pretty good with outlets overall. in apex i have a 1 bedroom and have like 7 ethernet outlets spread out around the unit. they are also very generous with the power outlets. but i actually also only have 2 cable outlets... although thats sufficient for me.

At least Telus has their act together:D Just spoke to them regarding wireless drops and they confirmed the information on their website that yes all rooms are pre-wired with ethernet -cat6 I hope. I would imagine one of the panels -probably in/near a closet is where all the lines converge for your router:

"TELUS has pre-wired each suite to allow easy set-up of your own personal high speed Local Area Network. Voice and High Speed data ports are provided in each principal room, and when linked will allow you to set up your LAN so that you can share printers and other devices, as well as file sharing among computers in different locations. For a one-time charge of $49.95, our TELUS technician will connect the router or switch that you provide, and activate all of your LAN jacks."

That's so weird. You would think because they ARE facing east they would be fully frosted.

I had no frosting at all on mine, I think a call to customer care is in order...

like i said worse case if they dont do anything (and i suspect they wont) I will be heading over to home depot and picking up a sheet of frosting ,,

At least Telus has their act together:D Just spoke to them regarding wireless drops and they confirmed the information on their website that yes all rooms are pre-wired with ethernet -cat6 I hope. I would imagine one of the panels -probably in/near a closet is where all the lines converge for your router:

"TELUS has pre-wired each suite to allow easy set-up of your own personal high speed Local Area Network. Voice and High Speed data ports are provided in each principal room, and when linked will allow you to set up your LAN so that you can share printers and other devices, as well as file sharing among computers in different locations. For a one-time charge of $49.95, our TELUS technician will connect the router or switch that you provide, and activate all of your LAN jacks."

thats great to hear ,, thanks

Montage and Neo

like i said worse case if they dont do anything (and i suspect they wont) I will be heading over to home depot and picking up a sheet of frosting ,,

Check "Schedule D" of your purchase agreement. Should say "Frosted glass sliding doors into bedrooms". If it indeed says this, they have no choice but to fix this as it is in your agreement. Hope that helps you.

Check "Schedule D" of your purchase agreement. Should say "Frosted glass sliding doors into bedrooms". If it indeed says this, they have no choice but to fix this as it is in your agreement. Hope that helps you.
\

thanks for your help ! ..

hey if anyone can help i know this is very junior of me but i forgot to mark down what make our appliances are .. ?? thanks

strange i have a 6inch band that went across my door .. just spoke to client care and they said any of the doors facing east .. would not be fully frosted and if the door had been located in the hallway .. it would be ????? im going to speak to sales today and find out what can be done if anything .. if not i can go over home depot and buy a sheet of the frost and put it on myself

Just a little tip from someone who has been through this before. Customer Care will do a great job of coming up with fanciful reasons why they cannot do something, the above apears to be a good example. Remember that you have rights to have deficiencies rectified but these rights are only good if you insist on them being enforced. Custimer Care will give you a lot of bull as to why something can't be done -- if you accept an excuse then this is your loss. Note every deficiency from the smallest crack and insist that it be fixed. Right now you are probably excited that you are about to move in and some things don't seem like a big deal. Trust me, that once the excitement fades and a year has passed, and the developer is gone, you will be kicking yourself for not asking for thse things to be fixed.

My favourite PDI story is for one of my neighbours where the toilet paper bar was located in a rediculous location out of reach from the toilet. Customer care's excuse was that there was no specifications as to where it should be, to which my neighbour asked whether that means it would have been ok if they put it on the ceiling. The next day they moved it to a better location.

Sklar

Back