1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 999     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 371     0 

Miscellany Toronto Photographs: Then and Now

one of the best running threads on UT.
thanks for all your work mustapha.

Totally agree... I LOVE this thread and Toronto!
Thanks again for sharing Mustapha. :)

You're welcome, thanks for the feedback.

My great-grandfather worked at Sheet Metal Products, the factory on the right in this view, during the First World War. Interesting to see a photo of this building.

I'd like to hear more stuff like this. My grandfather worked from 1926 to 1974 in a laundry at 2616 Yonge street, which he eventually owned. The building is still there.

I hope other UTers can chime in. There are stories within the old pictures..

That last pairing shows a very decent street-scape just obliterated.

Ok Ok condovo:rolleyes:, just be patient will 'ya. Today's pic pair is for you. I can practically certify that not ONE brick has been touched.:) With the exception of the chimney..

March 19 addition.

'effin tree..

Augusta just north of Queen.

fo1244_f1244_it0327a.jpg

DSCF0496-1.jpg

Last edited:
Poor Regent Park and area. It really got the short end of the stick from all the "urban renewal". Blech. Also, the Spadina and College shot makes me sad.

certainly one of the most beautiful houses in the city. extraordinary craftsmanship.

Sign Sign everywhere a sign. Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind ...:)

What a classic song.

syn, snap out of it.:):) [just kidding] you probably wound up here after looking at another thread..

March 13 addition:

I'll make like 'urbandreamer' today. Guess where?

fo1257_ser1057_f1257_s1057_it5555.jpg

DSCF0473.jpg

With permission from, and thanks to Mustapha for providing the images, I've created a 'sandwich' of the above pictures.

colegesandwich2.jpg

With permission from, and thanks to Mustapha for providing the images, I've created a 'sandwich' of the above pictures.

colegesandwich2.jpg

This is thought provoking. A visual way of seeing the long-gone from the present. I don't think I've seen this kind of treatment of then and now pics anywhere else on the net. Another UT first.:)

March 20 addition.

1558 Queen west.

1558QueenW.jpg

DSCF0477.jpg

This is thought provoking. A visual way of seeing the long-gone from the present. I don't think I've seen this kind of treatment of then and now pics anywhere else on the net. Another UT first.:)

March 20 addition.

1558 Queen west.

1558QueenW.jpg

DSCF0477.jpg

Here's another one Mustapha. This only works when the new photo is taken from a similar angle and focal length as the old one. Top marks to
your ability to match up the old & new
odeonsandwich2.jpg

This is a brilliant thread and I love the then-and-now composites, which, ideally, we'd be able to accomplish in real life. Thanks Mustapha and androiduk!

Back