News   Jul 04, 2024
 792     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 679     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 600     1 

Metrolinx: Sheppard East LRT (In Design)

did they cancel the proposal of the extension sheppard line between Sheppard station & Downsview station ?

The next date to circle on your calendar is March 27...the presentation (and possible defeat) of the 2012 Ontario Budget.

We all know that the PCs want subways but what is the NDP proposing?

did they cancel the proposal of the extension sheppard line between Sheppard station & Downsview station ?
Good question ... I'm assuming that Ford couldn't bring himself to the tax increase it would require, and there appears to be no one left in the Mayor's camp with the leadership to put forward a compromise.

It is much to soon for another election. i doubt it willl be defeated

Not necessarily as anything can happen. As we speak, Ford supporters could be camping at Queen's Park reminding Andrea and the NDP on how big the ORNGE mess is and if they give the Liberals a pass, they will not form a government in Ontario for a long time

He might campaign on the issue, but by then it would be well under construction, if not being close to completion. Ripping it out isn't a Jarvis bike lane job.

AoD

I don't think he'll rip up the line by the time he finally get the votes next election. But I doubt it wouldn't stop him from making the line look bad if you say, cut funding, make the line completely unbearable? I dunno, but him and his brother strike me as ones who would pull every dirty trick in the book to make the SLRT line a failure.

Will be done in 2015.

We won.

While I sincerely wish this were true, unless the commission can expedite the build, completion isn't expected until 2017. Councilor Ron Moeser posed a bunch of questions to the TTC, which were posted on Karen Stintz' web site.

What is the scheduled completion date for Sheppard LRT if we were to resume the project after Council approval?

The Sheppard East LRT would take 5 years to complete.

I don't completely understand the scheduling given that one of the major pieces, the GO underpass is almost complete.

That was never going to be LRT so when the subway died it died BUUUUT there was a motion in there - and it did pass, I'm pretty certain - asking staff to report back on the cost etc. of doing that extension. There was also a motion about a fulsome report on revenue tools.

codemonkey:

I don't think he'll rip up the line by the time he finally get the votes next election. But I doubt it wouldn't stop him from making the line look bad if you say, cut funding, make the line completely unbearable? I dunno, but him and his brother strike me as ones who would pull every dirty trick in the book to make the SLRT line a failure.

He could try, but he will have to contend with council in doing so - and pain can be exacted in other manners on his pet agendas.

AoD

I'm just being cautiously optimistic. Remember, there has been projects cancelled during the start of construction (eg. Eglinton Subway). I don't think we should truly celebrate until the rails are laid in the ground.

Back