News   Apr 25, 2024
 339     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

Commuters and on twitter presto is getting slammed. I don't think they should phase out the metropass just yet, that's all.
Most of the time it seems to me that the pole who are slamming Presto have never used or used it only when it was first implemented on the TTC. They keep saying all the readers are broken or the gates don't work. I switched to using Presto last December because I was going away for part of December and January when I came back in January I added a metropass to my Presto card and have never had any problems with being double charged or any of the problems that people keep posting about, I have only once or twice come across a broken fare reader on a bus and the driver said to tap at the back one which worked fine, as for stations I really see any of the new gates out of order unless someone in a hurry has pushed through it because they don't want to wait for it to open.

Most of the time it seems to me that the pole who are slamming Presto have never used or used it only when it was first implemented on the TTC. They keep saying all the readers are broken or the gates don't work. I switched to using Presto last December because I was going away for part of December and January when I came back in January I added a metropass to my Presto card and have never had any problems with being double charged or any of the problems that people keep posting about, I have only once or twice come across a broken fare reader on a bus and the driver said to tap at the back one which worked fine, as for stations I really see any of the new gates out of order unless someone in a hurry has pushed through it because they don't want to wait for it to open.
I completely agree I have been using PRESTO for at least two years now (I used to use it in Burlington when I lived there). The only problem I have ever had with PRESTO is having to change gates because it is a metropass reader one!!!!

It's a beta release and only a limited number of users would get in. For testing purposes only.
Installed on my Android from that link. Seems to function.

Though I assume it's going to be very buggy. Says to login with email address or username. But then objects to the email address, because it "contains characters other than letters and numbers". So no email addresses with an "@" symbol! I now it's still in Beta - but the gross systemic incompetence in Metrolinx and Accenture still surprises me ... this seems more a pre-Alpha kind of mistake!

Installed on my Android from that link. Seems to function.

Though I assume it's going to be very buggy. Says to login with email address or username. But then objects to the email address, because it "contains characters other than letters and numbers". So no email addresses with an "@" symbol! I now it's still in Beta - but the gross systemic incompetence in Metrolinx and Accenture still surprises me ... this seems more a pre-Alpha kind of mistake!
I previously had the trail version they were doing by an invite only from their presto panel surveys and this one is exactly the same as the one I was testing to the point that google autofill my password information from the previous app. If I remember correctly that version didn't like email addresses either and I had to use my username from the presto website

Last week my PRESTO card started to behave erratically and I saw it was starting to tear. It is 3 years old and has been laundered a couple of times so I had no problem just buying a new card. Then I went home and registered it. No problem, so far. Then I phoned the PRESTO Centre to have the $$ on my old card moved to the new one. Ahhhhh. Apparently they can only move funds over if you have NOT yet registered the new card. After I complained to the very pleasant woman I was dealing with she agreed that if I bought another new card and then got the $$ transferred prior to registering it I would be refunded the $6. In the end I found a paper form on the PRESTO website (not easy to find!) that is used for receiving a cheque refund and that just seemed easiest but ....

Back