News   Apr 25, 2024
 396     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

Oops.

Though I wonder why they've placed that limitation. It just reeks of poor software design.
There's at least some reasoning to it, as registering your card means there is some security applied to it. And they may or may not be able to confirm that you own both cards (even though they're on the same Presto account). I'd assume this was a decision made in the beginning any they didn't foresee this being a problem and it'd by a fundamental change to the system.

I think it makes some sense that you cannot transfer a pass to another account, but it doesn't make any sense why you can't transfer the balance. It would be cool if you could transfer some money from one card to another, such as transferring $3.00 to a friend who doesn't have enough for a trip.

When Brad Ross worked for the TTC, he got benefits that included free TTC use. Now that he works for the City of Toronto, that is not one of the benefits.

I get that BUT he has enough contacts within Metrolinx that they likely would have given him one if he asked.

I get that BUT he has enough contacts within Metrolinx that they likely would have given him one if he asked.
Surely a PR person, with years of gritty experience, is not going to waste such favours, and risk even a low-chance of media ridicule for $6!

Even though many of us have had free Presto cards with various giveaways over the years.

Just downloaded Presto beta for iPhone. Navigation is functional & easier and faster than website. Layout is fairly straightforward. Like the basic black & white as well. Too bad there’s no NFC capability. :(

Back